It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2006, 09:08 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User
Can birth control pills mess up your homones??

I tested for low testosterone, low pregnenolone, very high sex hormone binding globulin, low IGF-I. Can only 5 years of BC pills cause this??

Old 03-09-2006, 02:08 PM   #2
(female)

pams37 HB User
Re: Can birth control pills mess up your homones??

Helllo there,
I'm not sure if birth control can screw your hormones up.
But ok back in 1990(I was 20 years old)I went to my doctor.
I told him how I can't understand how alll of a sudden I had facial hair alll over my face.
Guesss you could say a MUSTACHE sort of growing.
So back then I knew OHIP would cover Electrolisis(now they don't care and wont cover it)
So my mother told me to go to the doctor and seee if I have hormonal imbalance.
Yes I did.
Except for me I was elevated.All male hormones were elevated and Cortisol was too.
Plus my doctor said my body made tooo much Estrogen.
So I went on birth control pilll and then when ever I get offf the pilll my hormones go crazzy again.
But this time I get anxiety and depresssion(big time)so then I would just go back on the pilll(then I would feeel better)
Welll this time I have been off the pilll since last Mar(it's been one whole year)
I'm miserable,anxiety,depresssssion.Nooo sex drive(actually never reallly had the drive)
But now I don't have it at alllll.
My scalp is itchy,greasy hair.I have to wash my hair every day(by the night time my hair is dirty and grossss)this has been happening since like Sept.
So my husband and family just telll me to go back on the pill.
But I honestly know that's not the solution.
So now I need a CT scan(not until end of June)
My cortisol is elevated(where my Liver is getting damaged tooo.)
I have a FATTY liver.
I read that cortisol gives you fatty liver
So 2 weeeks ago I did hormone test(a new doctor checked my bloood work for alllll hormones,even my Prolactin)
I heard Prolactin takes your sex drive away and I have periods but since July I have not ovulated(can you beleive this )
So now I have to watch out for Uterine cancer(I think I'm still tooo young for that)but I have not ovulated and every-time I get ultrasound done on my uterus the lining keeps getting bigger.
But the pathetic people (doctors and people that do my ultrasound)don't say any-thing about it.
But this new doctor I have she's scared and said that they should have been keeping an eye on you since 1990(my uterus)
Actually I forgot the important thing to telll you.
I was told back in 1990 I had Polyistic Ovarian Syndrome.
But my doctor thought going on the pillll would solve every-thing.
But she told me noooo.
She said you could not imagine allll cancers and diseases you can get because of hormones and Polyistic(if nooo one is watching over you)
Ok take care and good luck with every-thing.
Pamela Isidori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2006, 09:14 PM   #3
(female)

shanda HB User

Pamela

have you talked to your dr. about metformin?? it truely helps with pcos (I have pcos) and its not only for women who are trying to concieve.
And if you don't know this arleady you really need to take provera every three months...you need to bring on at least 1 bleed every three months...it decreases the chances of the cancers tremendously...

if you do'nt feel your dr. is helping at all...find a new one!!!! pcos is not somehting to forget about....

Old 04-02-2006, 05:44 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie00
I tested for low testosterone, low pregnenolone, very high sex hormone binding globulin, low IGF-I. Can only 5 years of BC pills cause this??
There was a study that came out recently that said women on bcp can have a lower libido caused by the pill. I was on the pill for years and it wasn't until I got off that I noticed a difference in my sex drive (which was better). I never actually had my hormones tested at that time (only years later), but I would imagine the bcp was the culprit.

Old 04-05-2006, 12:20 AM   #5
Inactive

LilacSyke HB User

Yes, ask about Metformin!

Old 04-20-2006, 02:19 AM   #6
(female)

Jade4u HB User

To Pams37,

Have you been tested for Cushing's Syndome yet? Your symptoms sound very consistent with Cushing's Syndrome or Cushing's Disease. I went years before finally getting a diagnosis. Check out www.REMOVED.com for more info. That website literally saved my life. Best of luck to you.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-23-2006 at 06:21 PM. Reason: members may not post anything about other message boards/forums/chats

Closed Thread