It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2006, 01:36 AM   #1
(female)

nearlyoap HB User
Light Spotting After Menopause - Hormonal?

Hi - my problem is light spotting after the menopause. Can anyone please give me peace of mind - I am 59 yrs old and haven't had a proper period for about 3 years but in July I had a slight "show" - just a spotting of blood mixed with vaginal mucus. This does not stain my clothes as it only occurs after wiping myself but sometimes there is a little clot of bright red blood streaked through the normal clear mucus. After this happened a few times I visited my doctor as it was very difficult and painful for me to have sex too (it still is - so I have stopped trying!) He diagnosed atrophic vaginitis, thinning of the vagina due to lack of Oestrogen and put me on Vagifem hormonal pessaries to be inserted 3 times a week. The spotting continued just once a day 2 or 3 times a week so I went back to the doctor to see if it was a side effect of the Oestrogen. He said No and performed an endometrial biopsy which proved the uterine lining was 4mm (apparently ok) and I also have a benign polyp. He said the spotting will settle down soon but I have been on the Vagifem 2 months now and it is still the same. I am so worried that something is not right - should I insist more tests are done (I also have had a scan) or should I try and accept it as normal? I would be interested to hear if anyone else has this same problem. Many thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2006, 07:46 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

piano lady HB User
Re: Light Spotting After Menopause - Hormonal?

If I were you, I'd get some other opinions. I think perhaps you might benefit from some natural therapy instead of pharmaceutical drugs. There are lots of natural solutions out there, but you do have to be careful not to be mislead by the charletons. Black cohosh is a good herb, along with natural progesterone. The progesterone might actually solve your spotting problems. I have submitted posts on progesterone creams in the menopause threads, so I won't repeat the information here. I highly recommend Dr. John Lee's books on menopause.

Take care,
Piano Lady

Old 12-28-2006, 09:50 PM   #3
(female)

hindy HB User
Re: Light Spotting After Menopause - Hormonal?

I had the same thing happen. My doctor removed the polyp and no more spotting.

Closed Thread