It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
(female)

desiii HB User
Adrenaline Sensitivity?

I mentioned this a bit in the Heart Palpitations thread, but wanted to also pursue the issue of adrenaline.

I've been having PVC's for a month and a half now, almost non-stop. All of my blood tests have come back fine, though my red blood cell count is just slightly elevated. I was taking allergy shots, which I have now stopped. They are most likely the trigger for my palps. It's been more than a week since my last shot and I'm still having periodic palpitations (generally lasting about 24 hours at a time). The more research I do the more it appears my body is overreacting to the shot by processing too much adrenaline. I suspect this whole puzzle has to do with other hormone imbalances I have had since I took the depo shot years ago. (My naturopath agrees).

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has had an experience with adrenaline or stress hormone sensitivities, and if so if they have found anything helpful in dealing with it. I would prefer not to take beta blockers, and my doctor agrees that they would not be the best way to go.

How I have come to suspect that adrenaline is so directly related is that I know I am sensitive to it because I have to get a low-adrenaline freezing injection when I go to the dentist. The regular ones cause my heart to race. Too much of a coincidence to be ignored.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread