It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2008, 03:41 AM   #1
(male)

jaydar HB User
What kind of doctor do I see about testosterone replacement therapy

I show all the classic signs of hypogonadism.My primary care did a basic panel and told me I was in the middle of range low 300's ng/? but didn't test for free testosterone.
After doing much research,I find that my doctor actually lied to me when he said I waas middle range...in fact I am at the low end of range.Research shows that even men in their 60's should be close to 600.
I am 50 and have suffered with this for several years,low libido,can not achieve full erection,nearly impossible to ejaculate and if I do almost no sensation of orgasm.I'm irratable often,low energy,more and more depressed and even more emotional ie: weeping like a lady during a sad or touching scene in a movie etc.
That is just not me..I mean I've always had compassion...BUT WEEPING?!! Too much!
Anyway my primary care is an internal medicine and he is adamant against hormone replacement therapy.I know I need it.
Much research show that it is beneficial more than it is a hazard and can improve cardio vascular health and cholesterol levels.I have problems with both also.
So can anyone tell me if I should see and endo,or urologist...a D.O. perhaps?

Old 02-14-2008, 08:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User
Re: What kind of doctor do I see about testosterone replacement therapy

its very hard to find a doctor that knows how to treat male hormone problems. Your best bet will be an endo. 300 is very low. most guys start having problems in the 400's. If you go to the male health forums here there are some post about some very good doctors that you hvae to travel to see but they dont take insureance. Try an Endo first. Get all the test. A good Endo will look at more then just what the lab report says and listen to your symptoms.

With treatment my T score stays around 700 to 800. be warned that even with TRT you may still have bouts of ED but nothing like you are now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2008, 07:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Re: What kind of doctor do I see about testosterone replacement therapy

I have better results with a D.O., they are not deaf.

You probably have E2 as high or higher as women your age.
If your new doctor says that men do not have Estradiol E2, the get another doctor.

Your T:E2 ratio should be about 30:1

I would guess it is about 4:1. If that is the case you are starting boob growth & muscle loss.

Get a doctor that will test for Testosterone & Estradiol E2.

Both can be corrected & made to the correct ratio.

Closed Thread