It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
(male)

Tiredness HB User
Thumbs up Testosterone - low normal

Hello

I've dry eyes and tiredness. Tiredness means I dont wake up refreshed. After a week of work, I am dead tired. Saterday I sleep around 12 - 18 hours in total and still don't feel refreshed totally.

A lot of things has been rules out (as far as possible that is). Sjogrens, autoimmune.

I was reading over old labratory results when I saw something that gave me the thought it might be something hormonal. Here are results from 2000. I was around 24.

Cortisol uMOL/L 1.03
Testosterone nMOL/L 13
Free testost. pMOL/L 290
SHBG nMOL/L 30
DHEA-sulfaat uMOL/L 17
Progesteron nMOL/L 7.5
Oestradiol pMOL/L 125
Aldosteron pMOL/L 120

According to the references I could find on the internet testosterone is in the normal, but pretty low, range of what it is supposed to be. However, I was also reading normally it's the average of normal, which means I am quite low, + I was only 24 back than (with age it should lower I've read) + it was taken in the morning (when the testosterone levels are at it's peak levels).

Question:
- can the testosterone levels above give me complaints?

Greetings

Patrick

Old 03-31-2008, 10:59 PM   #2
(male)

tfyb1970 HB User
Re: Testosterone - low normal

Hello Patrick,

I do not think your tiredness is cause by low testosterone, waking up not feeling refreshed is usually caused by not sleeping well, like sleep apnea, snoring, going to sleep with a full stomach.

Another thing to check is your nutrition, are you eating good and healthy? Make sure your magnesium daily intake is met, 400mg, remember if you take a supplement your body will absorb about half, also remember your calcium, most publications will say your calcium magnesium rate should be 2:1, 1;1 is better for me, magnesium relaxes and helps your body rebuild, too much calcium excites the nervous system, make sure you do not take those supplements within 4-5 hours before going to bed, also if you take vitamins make sure you do not take more than the daily required, some vitamin B complex have several hundred % the daily requirement, is crazy, B vitamins can excite the nervous system, remember too much of a good thing is also bad.

I would start by ruling out the simple things first, like making sure you are sleeping well and eating good and healthy.
Make sure nothing that ends in “ine” you take before going to bed, like caffeine, nicotine, etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2008, 11:12 PM   #3
(female)

jill60 HB User

Tiredness,
My Dr. says a male's testosterone levels should be in the upper 600 to 700 range.

Jill60

Old 04-01-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredness View Post
Hello
Question:
- can the testosterone levels above give me complaints?

Greetings

Patrick
yes low T will cause tiredness and at the level you have you should also have low libido and ED going on as well. You will also have muscle loss.

T level should be in the upper 1/3 of the range. go to the men's health section of the forumes here and you can get more information.

you need to get a doctor who understands male hormon issues to try and figure out why your T levels are so low.

dry eyes will not be caused by low T.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfyb1970 View Post
Hello Patrick,

I do not think your tiredness is cause by low testosterone, waking up not feeling refreshed is usually caused by not sleeping well, like sleep apnea, snoring, going to sleep with a full stomach.

Low T cuases severe fatigue. You wake up feeling jsut as tired as you did before you went to sleep. Heck I was having to take namps in the middle of the afternoon just to function. I know I had it. If his T score was where it should be then you might be right.

Closed Thread