It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
(female)

rosepep HB User
Should my progesterone dosage be lowered?

I started taking bioidentical progesterone (prescribed to me by my doctor) because of my weight gain and irritability. My progesterone to estrogen ratio was low. I felt great for several months and managed to lose some weight with diet and exercise but now my symptoms are reappearing. Since fat is an estrogen producing tissue (and I've lost some fat) is it possible that my progesterone/estrogen ratio is now too high and perhaps my progesterone dosage should be lowered?

I suggested to my doctor that we lower the dosage and he thought we should increase it. I disagree with him.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
(female)

sauceycakes HB User
Re: Should my progesterone dosage be lowered?

I agree with you. I use progesterone days 12 to 28. I've only used it for 2 1/2 months and I notice my stomach gets larger with each days use. After 5 days being off of it, my stomach gets smaller. This month, I am currently on day 15 of my cycle, and I still feel good enough that I don't need the cream. I am wondering if I really need the cream every month, or is the dose too high. When I do feel like I need it, I am going to use half the amount. I too need to call the doctor and let her know what's going on. I think you should either skip this month, or try taking half the dose and see how you feel. If that doesn't work, then try a higher dose. You'll only know if you try. Only you know your body and if you feel it is too much, you are probably right.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2010, 05:57 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

herekittykitty HB User
Re: Should my progesterone dosage be lowered?

Hmmmm, I think I agree with the doctor. If your dose was helping at first and now it's not, that would suggest you need to up your dose. The only way to know for sure is to get tested again. What dose are you taking now?

Closed Thread