It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
(female)

mtshir75 HB User
i have high levels of estrogen and low levels of progesterone what does this mean?

i have high levels of estrogen and low levels of progesterone what does this mean?

Old 11-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Re: i have high levels of estrogen and low levels of progesterone what does this mean

It means you will probably be overweight, & tired. It may be from the wrong BC pills.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
(male)

kylenorton HB User
Re: i have high levels of estrogen and low levels of progesterone what does this mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtshir75 View Post
That means you have hormone imbalance and it may cause pre menstrual syndrome

Old 04-08-2009, 06:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Do some research on estrogen dominance or estrogen excess and it will outline everything.

The symptoms can vary from person to person. They can range anywhere from problems with periods from heavy cycles to irregular, migraines/regular headaches, weight gain, loss of libido, thyroid problems, adrenal fatigue, infertility, PCOS, fibroids, endometriosis, bad PMS, abnormal hair shedding and now they believe that fybromialgia (sp?) can be a symptom too.

Hormonal imbalance, particularly the estrogen dominance is extremely common. My doctor is trying to balance my hormones as he worries about women getting breast/head/neck cancers while male prostate cancers are also linked to estrogen excess in males.

Eating a healthy diet, doing exercise (particularly in the mornings), not using styrofoam cups/containers, checking what type of birth control you are on, not heating food in plastic containers, keeping your life as chemical free as possible, i've even heard that chemicals in cosmetics and nail polish/remover can all contribute to imbalancing our hormones, but the BIG one is stress.

When i first had period problems my gp kept trying to make me take birth control. I tried for a short while but it had bad side effects. Now that i know what i know i'm glad i didn't go on the BCP's as it would have made my situation worse. In my case it didn't cause weight gain, but affected my cycles and my hair shedding. I also have a thyroid problem and adrenal fatigue and these two things were listed as moderate symptoms on a listing of mild/moderate/severe symptoms. When i had a pelvic ultrasound they found a fibroid and fibroids like a high estrogen environment. I have virtually all the symptoms bar a few so i do believe there is definitely a link between higher estrogen levels and these symptoms.

My main worry is breast cancer as so many women seem to suffer from it, yet researchers keep asking for more money for research but nobody seems to be making an attempt to teach women what bad symptoms hormonal imbalances can do to the body.

If your estrogen can't be lowered then perhaps taking a natural form of progesterone can help. My doctor has me on a natural supplement to help lower my estrogen by metabolising the excess estrogen and turning it into good rather than bad estrogen. It's called Indolplex (DIM for short). I'm yet to be retested to see how effective it has been. If this doesn't work then we're moving to the natural progesterone. I'm also seeing a naturopath and taking a herbal liquid which keeps my periods regular and light.

The other thing which is very beneficial is to have a healthy liver. My phase 2 liver detox doesn't work as well as it ought to and that's the area which gets rid of all the unecessary things. If this doesn't work properly then things which your body should be getting rid of end up hanging around eg: excess estrogen.

Everybody will be affected individually, eg: some people gain a lot of weight and no matter how much exercise they do they have difficulty removing the weight, yet in my case i didn't put weight on.

It's difficult as not a lot of doctors will work with you on hormonal problems. Sometimes homeopaths and naturopaths or chinese medicine is more beneficial than what some gp's can do. Mostly they'll just look at sticking you on birth control.

Best of luck and hope you find some answers as i know how difficult it is.

Last edited by Audrey-B; 04-08-2009 at 06:29 AM.

Closed Thread