It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
(female)

Pammy1 HB User
Smile Need advice!!

Hi there... i am brand new to this board and need some advice as acne and hormones are really starting to get me down. I will tell you my story... i will keep it brief.
Acne started when i was around 15 years old and i had very irregular periods, kinda all over the place, also very painful. The doctors put me on the pill when i was 16 years old and my acne slowly went away and stayed away. So no matter what i ate or did i never had any problems with my skin apart from my cheeks always looking rosy and sensitive. When i was 24 i came off the pill just to see how my skin would react. Within 6 weeks my skin was super oily and the spots were returning very quickly and taking over my face and back :-( So i decided to go back on the pill and it vanished quickly again. I am now 28 and want to start a family so thought i would come off the pill but this time i would change my diet. I had read through some of Sweetjades posts and also read up on Cordain diet and thought i would give it a go. I have been off the pill now for 7 weeks and my skin is actually doing not bad but i just find this diet so hard to stick to. I am getting skinnier by the day and i have always been very slim naturally. Also i feel like my blood sugar is not right as i get very lightheaded when i stand up too quick and have to sit down again. I eat LOADS!! so much that my husband is concerned about how much this new diet is going to cost us... LOL.. Here is my diet...

Breakfast... Slow cooked Oatmeal with chopped apple and cinnimon with a few raisins and flaxseeds.
Lunch... huge green salad with peppers, lean meat or fish and perhaps some broccoli
Dinner... similar to lunch
Snacks..apples with almond butter (lots of butter ) hazelnuts, blueberries, broccoli, green tea with lemon...some dried fruits,avocado's

So i think i am eating lots but just feel kinda tired and lousy. My skin looks ok for now but how do i know this will last when my period which is so far 2 weeks late returns. I dont know whats up with my hormones but i know something is out of whack but feel there is soooooooo much information i cant work out what i should be doing. Not visited the docs yet as thought i would try to solve this on my own first. I think i just need some kind of support or reassurance that what i am doing is right. I think i might have PCOS and have read alot about that aswell.

Ok so that was not exactly brief was it...

If Sweetjade or anyone else can give me a little support or reassurance it would make this so much easier as right now i feel like i am battling this on my own.

Thank you for reading

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2009, 04:19 AM   #2
(male)

arthurthefirst HB User
Re: Need advice!!

what i say is that you need a WHOLE LOT MORE of protein. by protein, i don't mean beancurd and that kind of stuff. what i mean is that you need chicken, steak, ribs THAT kind of protein. you need the fat as will as the protein. if you know that you are naturally skinny, then you have to eat a bit more fat and protein to compensate for the natural slim stature. i am a competitive swimmer and this is my diet:

breakfast: 2 slices of toast, 1 can of baked beans with tomato sauce, 5 slices of bacon, 3 fried eggs, 2 bowls of cereal, 2 bowls of oatmeal, 1 glass of milk and 1 glass of protein shakes.
lunch: 2 meals from school lunch
dinner: 5 bowls of rice (i am chinese/japanese and the bowls are relatively large) and some, vegetables, fish, chicken, pork/beef, soup and some fruit for dessert
snack: anything i feel i have a fancy for, including junk food.

Closed Thread