It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2009, 03:20 AM   #1
(female)

Aikirau HB User
Over year of no period.

Hi, I'm sixteen and haven't had my period in over a year. Only recently have I got it, but I really didn't get one... I just had a little blood in my underwear. The last time I had a period was the beginning of last year, and I haven't had one at all after that and even till now. I know I'm not pregnant, but my period has always been irregular since I got it, but it seems to get worst. I had my period about 3-4 times in 2007, and once in 2008. I really don't like going to do the doctors, so I'm trying to avoid that and even if it would help, I don't know how my mother would feel about birth control since my boyfriend lives with me and we sleep in the same room. She trusts me, and him, but still.

The last time I asked the doctor, he said it was normal but... I'm just not sure. So I wanna make sure there's nothing really wrong with me, because when I get older I want kids.

I don't know if it's possible, but it seems like every month I get bad nose bleeds for 4-7 days, sometimes bleeds twice a day, and I've got my nose cauterized three times before they started to happening, but it's suppose to stop nose bleeds for awhile... but I get them like a month or two later, which isn't right. My boyfriend has joked saying my body is making up for not having my period by giving my nose bleeds, but it is kinda weird that it happens like that.

So any idea what is going on? I would really like to know what's going with my strange body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
(female)

vonbon HB User
Re: Over year of no period.

There could be a number of reasons of why your period hasnt come, your young still and your hormones are still not stable yet. Another factor is your nose bleeds.. do you also get headaches? you could be Anemic and Anemia could be a sign of why you have absent periods.

Dieting can also cause absent periods, however you can remedy Anemia by eating Tofu , Bran Muffins, raisin bran.. even Welches Grape Juice.

I have a rule about eating, colorful foods will add color to your body and skin.. fast food is dull in color and will dull out your natural glow on your face and body.

Being worried will also throw off your periods, I have heard eating ginger root will bring on a period ( or so my mother has told me).

Old 02-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #3
(female)

Aikirau HB User

I do get head aches, yes. Most of my head aches are sort of severe. Sensitive to light, makes me nauseous, and I usually end up dizzy. I'm also almost always tired, and I have poor balance.

Those are just some common problems I have, whether they relate to either of the problems I state or not.

I must admit that my diet is pretty horrible. I'm trying to fix that problem, though. That's mentioned a lot...so my diet could be another huge factor.

My grandfather suggested Vitamin K.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:13 AM   #4
(female)

vonbon HB User

Poor eating habits can lead to poor health, especially when you are still growing and need those nutrients for your bones and muscles, as well as teeth and hair/nails.

Replacing it with just vitamen K isnt going to replace all the other essential vitamens. If you have problems with eating in general why not try ensure?

I remember when I was young I became very ill and I couldnt eat anything but it just made me sick to my stomach... so I drank Ensure to help with my poor eating habits..

Also drinking diet soda can actually give you headaches also.. because although its a drink it contains alot of sodium (salt).

The headache you are describing is a Migraine...

Last edited by vonbon; 02-12-2009 at 01:17 AM.

Closed Thread