It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
(female)

vickyo HB User
Period has stopped, I'm only 30

Any adivce on what this might be, please let me know. I will try to give as much info as possible.

My last period was in 9/08. In 12/08, I went to see my GYN about it. My tubes are tied so I'm not preganat, and my Hcg levels are normal. She ordered some blood test and gave me Progesterone to bring on my period. It did at the end of 12/08. In 1/09 I went back for my follow up and got my test results. She said if my period didn't return on its own to come back and she would have to put me on something. My test results were:
FSH 3.9
LH 2.5
Prolactin 8.4
TSH 1.52.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last year, but I was never comfortable with that diagnosis. So it may be entirelly possible that what the Dr. thinks is Fibro could be something else.

My main symptoms are: Weight gain (that I just can't lose, I eat fairly healthy and exercise), headaches, fatigue, purple stretch marks, easily bruising, cuts heals slowly, my face has gotten round, acne, upper lip hair, decreased sex drive, my hands and feet sweat alot.

I have another follow up onthe 18th to discuss other options. I'm not comfortable being put ona pill to make my period come without know what the underlying reason is.

Any advice or suggestions of conditions or test that could be done, please let me know. I am lucky to have very good health insurance, its more of the Drs. who hesitate. I have found that the only way stuff gets done is to research and bring it up to them myself.

Sorry this was long and thanks in advance.

Last edited by vickyo; 02-06-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
(female)

devra66 HB User
Re: Period has stopped, I'm only 30

Hi just read you're post.,I actually registered so I could tell u this.,I think u are either cushings syndrome or cushings disease... have you're dr. Do a 24hr urine/cortisol test. <removed> I'm shocked if this has not been done for u.,as u have very clear cut symptoms... Deb

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-06-2009 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Please read and follow the posting rules

Old 02-09-2009, 12:12 AM   #3
(female)

vonbon HB User
Re: Period has stopped, I'm only 30

I also second on cushings....... also ask for a vaginal ultrasound and also be tested for PCOS (polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)..

There is a percentage of women who develop this when they have their tubes tied... my neighbor went through similiar but she is a skinny waif of a woman.. she had gained 10lbs and the dr told her that it was normal for her to gain weight as she got older.. well she persisted on having a vaginal ultrasound and guess what? yes ovarian cyst in her ovaries.. she had her tubes untied and opened and since then all her symtoms reverted back to normal.

Closed Thread