It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
(female)

munchkingirl HB User
Painful urinary tract due to hormonal imbalance

Hi all

I have had recurrant UTIs for the past 6 months. My doc and gynae agree that I have hormonal imbalance and I am on progesterone tabs, which have helped with perimenopausal symptoms, but not with the painful urinary tract. I am taking cranberry tabs, which seem to stop me getting infections, but don't stop the burning and *****ing in my urinary tract.

It's driving me crazy and seems to get worse when I get PMS (due to rise in estrogen?). Does anyone have any idea why I should still be getting pain even with no infection? And is there ANYTHING I can do about it?

Thanks

Old 01-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
(female)

ggg123 HB User
Re: Painful urinary tract due to hormonal imbalance

I have had a burning sensation for over a year. I did some research and learned that a low estrogen level can cause it. So I asked my gyn to put me on a higher strength estrogen BCP. It worked no burning But the Femcon was causing me to bleed non stop and I was having leg pains. So I started the Avaine again and sure enough I am burning. I need more estrogen but the Femcon is too much. I am so mad. I totally understand your pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread