It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2009, 06:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tygwyn HB User
Hormone test results - could I hear your views please :)

I've just had my hormones tested on CD21 but to be honest it really doesnt mean much to me! If any of you can make sense out of it please I'd really appreciate your views.

FSH: 3.8 U/l
Basal: 2.0 - 13.0
Mid cycle: 8.0 - 25.0
Post menopausal: 25.0 - 150.0

LH: 6.2 U/l
Basal: 2.5 - 13.0
Mid cycle: 14.0 - 95.0
Post menopausal: 14.0 - 80.0

Oestradiol: 241 pmol/L
Follicular: <400
Preovulatory: 600 - 2500
Luteal: 150 - 1700
Post Menopausal: <200

Progesterone: 36.9 nmol/L
Follicular: 0.1 - 4.3
Preovulatory: 5.8 - 96.0
Luteal: 9.2 - 117.0
Post Menopausal: 0.0 - 2.7

Thanks all!

Total Thyroidectomy Oct 06 due to Massive Multi Nodular Goiter and Hashi
Adrenal Fatigue
180mg NTH
28mg HC
2 x Caltrate

Rach xxxx

Old 07-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: Hormone test results - could I hear your views please :)

Hi Rachel - as i've only had saliva hormone testing i really can't interpret your results, but just thought it might be an idea if you posted what part of your cycle you had the blood test on as this would help someone to better determine where your results sit. It would also matter whether you are leading up to menopause. I've read posts where people "in the know" have stated that the lead up to menopause can start up to 10 years prior. Then again, menopause often brings on thyroid related symptoms which are blamed on menopause. It's like a mine field and finding a good doctor to deal with hormones is difficult.

The trichologist i used to see in Balmain for my hair shedding (and he diagnosed my Hashi's too) has referred a co-worker of mine to a female doctor in Manly who he feels is exceptional in dealing with hormones. He also referred me to the doctor i see. I seems to know some good medical people to forward his patients onto once he's found out what their issues are. If you like or are interested i can get the name of this doctor at Manly if you wish? YOu don't have to, but incase you do you can send me a private message.

Doesn't your doctor help you determine whether you are low or high in anything? It's important that a doctor doesn't just blow you off with a "normal" diagnosis. It's a shame a lot of them don't take the time to sit down and explain things properly.

I also have Hashimoto's and my doctor says this affects everything from hormones to digestion and absorption of nutrients, liver function, menstrual cycles and who knows what else. It basically affects the entire endocrine and hormonal situation.

I hope someone can help with your results. The problem is that a lot of countries use differing lab ranges so it's hard sometimes to give people advice.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tygwyn HB User

Hi Audrey!

I had a feeling I'd get a reply from you

The tests were done on CD21, 7 days post ovulation.

I haven't had chance to speak to my doctor about the results yet - when I get my bloods done I always write on them "copy to patient" so I get to see them before my appointment!! haha!! That way I get to do a bit of research and make a list of all the questions I want to ask rather than going completely blank when he lays it all on me!! haha

If you could pass on the details of that doc please that'd be great. I'm seeing a doc on the Central Coast now who seems really nice. Only been to see him once so far but that went well. He sounds very simliar to the way your doctor works. Believes that everything is related within the body and that it all stems from the gut... sounds about right to me.

Thanks again for replying xxxx

Total Thyroidectomy Oct 06 due to Massive Multi Nodular Goiter and Hashi
Adrenal Fatigue
180mg NTH
28mg HC
2 x Caltrate

Rach xxxx

Old 07-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Hi Rachel did you mean the details of the doctor at Manly or the Trichologist i used to see at Balmain?

I can understand you wanting to check up on everything and be armed with questions when you see your doctor. Also being one step ahead of the doctor is handy as it cuts out a lot of wasted time and effort.

Good to hear you have found a good doctor, even if you have to travel to the Central Coast. It can be a pain travelling hours away, but in all honesty, when you have been messed about by various doctors and you finally find a good one, i'd say it's worth flying interstate. That's the point i'd gotten to. I would have flown to New Zealand if i had too It is awaful being that desperate, but just goes to show how many inadequate doctors there are out there. At this rate, most of us could qualify for GP status at the very least!!

Hoping all goes well and someone can shed more light on your hormone results. I do know if you saw my trichologist he'd likely order a full hormone saliva test. His name is Anthony Pearce and he has a lot of medical/informative articles on the net for people to read and also his contact details. He mostly deals in hair issues and low iron, but also has a very good understanding of how everything cross relates.

Take care

PS: the other people who have helped me have been the Naturopathy Clinic at the ACNT Clinic in Favaux St, Surry Hills. You only pay $2 for a consultation as you see students first, then their teacher will come in and nothing is approved without the teacher's input, so it's totally safe. I've been seeing them to help regulate my hormones and they've helped a lot. They are on the net too if you want to read up on them further. They also do a heap of other things at the Clinic as it's a school as well for beauty and natural therapies and right near Central Station.

Last edited by Audrey-B; 07-30-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Closed Thread