It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2010, 06:26 AM   #1
(female)

Bonny2010 HB User
Help interpreting hormone results, pls!!! Is this high estrogen???

Iíve been trying to figure out why Iím not feeling right. My doctor told me that I have insulin resistance, which I find odd since I have been on a low carb diet for the last 5-6 months. I have also been exercising most days with the little energy I have. Iím only in my 20s.

I did a saliva test for my female hormones a while back. I havenít had much help interpreting them. I had these tested again by a doc (blood was drawn at 9.30am) and they came back all normal. Can anybody help interpret these. I had the saliva tests done just before I got my period, I think thatís the Luteal phase? These are the results (pmol/L)
Progesterone P4 418.7
Testosterone 184.8 range 25.0 - 190.0
Estradiol E2 41.3
P4/E2 ratio 10.1

Iím not sure what the range is for the other hormones. Does anybody know? Could the insulin resistance be a result of high estrogen, does anybody know the range for this? and how high are my levels?

I should also note that, when I was 18 I became underweight and my period stoped for a while. Iím guessing this has something to do with the symptoms I have?

Any of your opinions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread