It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
(female)

cherakee68 HB User
What is wrong with me?

I dont understand what is going on with me and apparently neither does my doctor. She has me on depression meds but I truly do not feel that is the problem. I'm more anxious then anything. My skin is very dry, I'm so tired lately I can't even get out of my own way. I feel like I want to crawl out of my own body. My hip aches and my hands get stiff a lot. I'm 42 and had a hysterectomy when I was 28. I have one ovary left. I get very bad headaches and get impatient alot. I started to try and cut down on my own my depression meds and started taking progesterone cream for about a week now. I haven't really noticed a difference. I dont know what else to try or do, I only know I can't keep going on like this. Any suggestions or ideas what is going on or what I can do would be a huge help!

Old 09-01-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: What is wrong with me?

cherakee68: Go see an endocrinologist and get your hormones, adrenal glands and thyroid tested. Even though you had a hysterectomy you could still be needing some hormones. You could have hypothyroidism or adrenal fatigue. Also get your Vit B12 levels checked because alot of times if you're low in that then if could mimic depression. Some people get monthly shots of it and it helps them immensly. Don't rely on your PCP to get these tests. They don't know how to interpret them and so they just shrug you off. The endo is the best route.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
(female)

dctxn HB User

Having your thyroid checked was the first thing I thought of. I see I wasn't the only one! Check out the thyroid disorders board. I often see people say things like "my doctor said I was depressed" when it turns out their thyroid was all out of whack. Your primary doctor should be able to order a thyroid panel.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

yep.....check the thyroid

Old 09-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
(female)

cherakee68 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctxn View Post
Having your thyroid checked was the first thing I thought of. I see I wasn't the only one! Check out the thyroid disorders board. I often see people say things like "my doctor said I was depressed" when it turns out their thyroid was all out of whack. Your primary doctor should be able to order a thyroid panel.
I had my thyroid checked and the doctor said the test came back at normal levels. I forgot to add that I just had a ultra sound under my armpit and I have a cluster of lymph nodes swollen. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday to find out whats next but I am always loaded with fibroid tumors in my breast all the time too.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

cherakee68: Have the endocrinologist do a hormone test on you and see if you're Estrogen Dominant. That can cause headaches and fatigue. If you're on progesterone you might not be on enough of it. It takes more than a week to do anything for you. Are you heavy? If so, estrogen loves fat. Look up Estrogen Dominance and see the 40 plus symptoms/side-effects of it and see if you've got any more of them.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:25 AM   #7
(female)

cherakee68 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92261 View Post
cherakee68: Have the endocrinologist do a hormone test on you and see if you're Estrogen Dominant. That can cause headaches and fatigue. If you're on progesterone you might not be on enough of it. It takes more than a week to do anything for you. Are you heavy? If so, estrogen loves fat. Look up Estrogen Dominance and see the 40 plus symptoms/side-effects of it and see if you've got any more of them.
I am 5'2 180ibs so yes I am heavy and I've tried everything to lose weight and it's not budging. I have never had a hard time losing weight and now I can't do it at all. I read the list of Estrogen Dominance and I have many of the symptoms. Thank you for that. I am going to get the book.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:48 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

my experience....the doctor will always tell you it's normal....
have you got a copy of your labs and looked at it yourself?
also what test was run? I'm guessing just the TSH
that's what doctors usually do......you need your free T3 and free T4 tested also
with a thyroid condition you have to monitor your tests yourself and don't rely on the doctor......I had my antibodies tested for hashi's and the doctor said "your thyroid is fine", but never mentioned that my antibodies indicated hashi's.....I discovered that myself after I looked at the lab report

Closed Thread