It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2011, 05:36 AM   #1
(female)

pyroliske HB User
Hormones and Progesterone Intolerance

Hi all, new member but long time lurker.

A bit of a background on why I think I may be progesterone intolerant. Started periods at 13, (36 now) heavy and painful so my mum put me on the pill at 15. When I was 19 the contraceptive injection came out so I went along and had that as I have trouble swallowing tablets. Up till then I had one spot every now and then during my period. Firstly I ended up bleeding for 9 weeks solid. My weight dropped to 7 stone from 8, my ribs were sticking out. I was living on Mars Bars I but put on no weight. My doctor and subsequent doctors swore blind it was nothing to do with the injection. I didn't have another one and finally the bleeding stopped and my weight went up again. I was left with severe acne on my forehead and chin. The forehead finally cleared up after a few years but the chin did not, unless I was on the pill. I still suffer with chin acne now.

Fast forward to my late 20's when I get unexpectedly pregnant by a not very nice man, I have a termination, at everyone's behest (family, friends, him). The doctor puts me on the mini pill as I keep forgetting to take my pill after my period ends. I again bleed for two months. The doctor keeps saying there is nothing wrong with me and it is nothing to do with the pill.

I come off the pill. I try my old pill, but this immediately turns me into a monster (never did before) and screws up my periods down from 27 days to 21 days. I spend the next 4 years at between 21 and 24 day cycles. I take vitex and my periods return to 27 days.

My partner and I have been trying to get pregnant for five years, all tests on me including hormones have come back normal. 2 years ago I tried natural progesterone cream after reading it can help with trying to conceive, also I had spent a couple of years with what I can only describe as menopausal symptoms, heat waves through my body, fuzzy memory, hot sweats at night. I ended up having a breakdown, was not right for many months and have been on antidepressants for over a year partly to control what happened there and partly because I discovered I had such severe PMS that I was likely to kill someone. (Menopause tests came back negative also)

Anyway, I've since discovered that the contraceptive injection and the mini pill are primarily progesterone, and combining it with what happened with the cream, I believe I may have a progesterone intolerance.

Really I'd like some advice on how to deal with this and how to get my doctor to listen to me.

Last edited by pyroliske; 06-07-2011 at 05:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread