It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
(female)

secrets4me HB User
Has anyone tried Amore Vie???

I just went for a consult for Amor Vie, where they implant little capsules of hormones in your hip and they dissolve as your body needs them.
It is a little pricey at $2900 and really unsure if it will work.
Anyone out there that can help me?
Your kind assistance will be most appreciated.
Cordially,

Sue

Old 06-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
(female)

MsNan52 HB User
Re: Has anyone tried Amore Vie???

Quote:
Originally Posted by secrets4me View Post
I just went for a consult for Amor Vie, where they implant little capsules of hormones in your hip and they dissolve as your body needs them.
Cordially,

Sue
This was the best $2900 I have ever spent, no regrets. My hot flashes and night sweats were unbarren. I had my first implant done on 2/16/12 and it was to last for 3months inwhich it lasted much, much longer. My second one was a few days ago (6/7/12). Between periods, no hotflashes, no nightsweat, no more heart palpitation, I sleep good at nights, high energy, hair stopped falling out, etc. It's (Amore Vie) worth every dime. And by the way, I probably could have waited another month before I received my second implant.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
(female)

Copier Girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by secrets4me View Post
Cordially,

Sue
I am wondering the same thing. It is pricey but worth it if it works and most of all is it safe?

Old 07-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
(female)

Tutu1 HB User

They advertise weight loss but I have gained 15 pounds and am miserable. Sure I am not having hot flashes and my libido has returned but I am FAT! Also, it is very painful--the numbing shot hurts like nothing else I have experienced. And believe me I have been poked, prodded, lasered and everything! Have had 2 inserts and will not have another.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
(male)

mgrooms04 HB User

I am in my 7th week since my first set of implants. 12 total testosterone the first time. Two weeks ago they put in 5 more. Total 17. I'm hypopituitary and my testosterone was at 150. Since the pellets my testosterone level was at a steady 800. I have noticed I am putting on some muscle and losing body fat.

As for the implanting of the pellets. The first time I was a little sore, but that was 12 pellets. The second time with only 5, it was much better.

HRC of Lexington, Kentucky, did a fantastic job! I have no complaints and they were very thorough and professional in explaining what to expect and putting the effort into making me get on the right track.

Hope this helps

Old 08-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #6
(female)

professorC HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutu1 View Post
They advertise weight loss but I have gained 15 pounds and am miserable. Sure I am not having hot flashes and my libido has returned but I am FAT! Also, it is very painful--the numbing shot hurts like nothing else I have experienced. And believe me I have been poked, prodded, lasered and everything! Have had 2 inserts and will not have another.
Thanks for the information. I have just started it. They told me that everyone they have treated has lost weight. I will watch for weight gain.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #7
(female)

professorC HB User

I just signed up and have had my first implant. I am hopeful. However, had they told me that I was not going to be able to remove the dressing, go swimming, or engage in workouts (light activity only), for 5 days, I would have waited until the end of swimming season to get it and would have scheduled the implant for a Monday so that I would be able to engage in regular workouts or hiking, etc, by the time the weekend rolled around.

I read a post someone else made complaining about the pain of insertion... the numbing agent burns a bit, but it is far from the worst pain I have encountered, as it was described. Congratulations to that poster who has apparently been able to thus far avoid serious injury in her life. Or perhaps the person doing the insertion was not competent. The nurse at HRC Medical Center in Des Moines was quite competent and engaged me in conversation to distract me from the procedure. I have not had any problems with the insertion site other than minor pain, like a bruise.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #8
(female)

karlua HB User

I am thinking about trying this therapy. Does insurance pay for this?

Old 09-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
(female)

Tutu1 HB User

They advertise "weight loss" but I have gained 15 pounds! The testosterone makes you have terrible hunger pains that I have not experienced before. Did get rid of hot flashes. However, I am waxing and plucking the hair on my face now--will have to pay to have laser hair removal and also have to pay to go to a fat doctor to lose this weight. Going to end up being a very expensive hormone therapy.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #10
(female)

DivaMom15 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlua View Post
I am thinking about trying this therapy. Does insurance pay for this?
I am going for my consult today and also wondered if it is $2900 each visit, and/if Insurance covers any of it?

Old 10-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
(female)

professorC HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorC View Post
I just signed up and have had my first implant. I am hopeful. However, had they told me that I was not going to be able to remove the dressing, go swimming, or engage in workouts (light activity only), for 5 days, I would have waited until the end of swimming season to get it and would have scheduled the implant for a Monday so that I would be able to engage in regular workouts or hiking, etc, by the time the weekend rolled around.

I read a post someone else made complaining about the pain of insertion... the numbing agent burns a bit, but it is far from the worst pain I have encountered, as it was described. Congratulations to that poster who has apparently been able to thus far avoid serious injury in her life. Or perhaps the person doing the insertion was not competent. The nurse at HRC Medical Center in Des Moines was quite competent and engaged me in conversation to distract me from the procedure. I have not had any problems with the insertion site other than minor pain, like a bruise.
6 week update:
Holy Buckets! I will try not to be too graphic, but you all have a right to know what to expect. At least, this is my experience, and I cannot believe I am alone. (Just so you know, I am 53, and had a hysterectomy 25 years ago. I have been on no hormone replacement for 6 years, up until now.)

There are three things that are much different at this point.

1) I seem to be in a perpetual state of semi-arousal. I have difficulty concentrating on work, because I am thinking about sex. I spent nearly 2 full days and several partial days inventing a role play game, yes, sex based, to give to my husband as his 60th birthday present, instead of grading papers. He works away from home and is only home on the weekends. I couldn't keep my hands off of him this weekend. Do you remember when you were younger and you stiffened every time your husband touched you, during the day, because you just knew that he would interpret any type of reaction as an invitation? Well, now you know how hubby felt this weekend. Seven weeks ago, (and for the last 25 years) I was not too interested in that appendage that hangs between his legs. This weekend, shockingly, to both of us, it was my very favorite toy.

2) My vaginal area was previously quite dry and intercourse was very painful. Now, it is always moist. Intercourse was not painful.

3) Behavior my husband exhibited, that 2 months ago I would have interpreted as unnecessarily aggressive, arrogant, or competitive, I now view as an impressive display of testosterone and a turn on. This had a dramatic effect on our relationship over the weekend.

After leaving, on Sunday, to go back to work for the week, my husband called me to tell me that he was the luckiest man on the face of the earth and is having difficulty believing that it is all not a dream. His face hurts from grinning so much.

I do not know if this feeling will last very long. I suspect that I should overcome or be able to get more control over it or it will be difficult getting my work done. However, I really hope it does not go away altogether, because it's fun. It seems like I have not been concerned with having fun for a very long time.

I will try to remember to post, again, in another six weeks, in case anyone is interested.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #12
(female)

berta2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNan52 View Post
This was the best $2900 I have ever spent, no regrets. My hot flashes and night sweats were unbarren. I had my first implant done on 2/16/12 and it was to last for 3months inwhich it lasted much, much longer. My second one was a few days ago (6/7/12). Between periods, no hotflashes, no nightsweat, no more heart palpitation, I sleep good at nights, high energy, hair stopped falling out, etc. It's (Amore Vie) worth every dime. And by the way, I probably could have waited another month before I received my second implant.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #13
(female)

berta2 HB User

I am 56 years old,I've had a year's treatment of Amore Vie and I cannot express my gratitude to whomever came up with this. I was having every kind of side affect from the traditional HRT that my obgyn prescribed to me, to the point that he said you just have to deal with menopause, sorry. I have had three implants over the past year of amore vie, my last one is to be in November for this year and I don't care how much it costs, it's worth every penny.
1. My hot flashes completely gone
2. I sleep soundly through the night and wake up refreshed
3. My stress levels are controllable - and I have a very stressful business
4. I have not gained an ounce of weight, in fact just saw my obgyn and the nurse who weighed me said my weight is exactly the same as one year ago
5. My blood pressure is normal
6. NO MORE VAGINAL DRYNESS
7. Sex life is so much more pleasurable, and I don't think of sex all the time..that's just crazy..but I must say my husband loves having his younger wife back again!!
8. I'm italian, and I can say I have no more facial hair than what I normally had LOL!
9. My Skin looks soft and clear, my Doctor even commented on it.
10. My muscle tone is great, I see faster results when I exercise regularly, which is hard to do because of my work, but if I miss a month at the gym, it takes me no time to get that tone look again in my arms and legs
11.I have had no problem enduring the pain shot, I cannot believe that anyone would complain about getting a pain shot, can only guess that person is just one of the cry babies.
12.And what I love the most is when I tell people my age..they cannot believe I am 56 years old and that is so complimentary to me.
I believe it works for me because I am normally NOT a FAT person, but have put on weight in my later years, I exercise often, I eat right.
While I believe Amore Vie is awesome, I do believe you have to join in some other life changes to make it work the way it does for me.
I highly recommend it and LOVE it LOVE it!

Old 10-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #14
(female)

berta2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutu1 View Post
The numbing shot is the same shot they give you at the dentists office when doing dental work..OMG! Unfortunately I don't think anyone has invented a needle that does not pinch..

I didn't gain an ounce of weight and I've been on Amore Vie for a year now..still weigh the same as I did one year ago..but then, I eat the right foods and know how to walk away from the table. Suggest you talk to a nutritionist and you will see results.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #15
(female)

Tutu1 HB User

I am going to have laser on my face and neck now due to the hair growing. Have been waxing and plucking everyday. Also, am taking diet pills. I eat nutritious foods but have the worst hunger pains. Just try to ignore them. Am starting on Hoodia and Green Coffee bean pills too.

Reply Reply