It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
(male)

adlis HB User
Testosterone Injections

I am a 45 year old male diagnosed with extremely low testosterone (190) and only producing about 3% DHEA. I started on Primoteson Depot injections and also have Sustanon 100 also. Each time I have an injection it seems to do the opposite and make the symptoms worse, and has even caused my prostate to expand. The depression that comes with this affliction is severe and I can't even work.

Has anyone had this outcome from injections, and if so, what did your doctor recommend.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
(male)

ndfan0829 HB User
Re: Testosterone Injections

Hi adlis,
I too have experienced depression from Low T as well as injections. I am 42 and, when diagnosed, had a T score of 156. Its my understanding that when Testosterone spikes (as it does after an injection) there is generally a susequent increase in estrogen level. I have asked my DR about an Estrogen Blocker but he is hesitant to prescribe one. He said there are a lot of side effects. Yet he wrote me a script for Zoloft(anti-depressant). You might run this by your DR and see what his opinion is. Hope Ive helped at least a little.. Good Luck!! Todd

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
(male)

Peppe4993 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan0829 View Post
Hi adlis,
I too have experienced depression from Low T as well as injections. I am 42 and, when diagnosed, had a T score of 156. Its my understanding that when Testosterone spikes (as it does after an injection) there is generally a susequent increase in estrogen level. I have asked my DR about an Estrogen Blocker but he is hesitant to prescribe one. He said there are a lot of side effects. Yet he wrote me a script for Zoloft(anti-depressant). You might run this by your DR and see what his opinion is. Hope Ive helped at least a little.. Good Luck!! Todd
I am 42 as well and was diagnosed 6 months ago. My initial score was 226, but after 6 months of shots fell to 176. My first 6 months, I took 1 - 300mg t-shot/month. The morning after my first shot I had an large burst of energy. It lasted for a few hours and it felt great. I was focused and felt like running a 5K. It went away after a few hours and I have not felt like that since. I went back to the same ol tired every day me. I am not depressed. I am the same ol, happy go lucky guy I have always been, but I am really tired all the time. But, I am 42 years old and weigh 435lbs. I had mumps Orchitis when I was 12 or 13 years old. My doctoe said I have probably had low Testosterone my whole life. All i know is that I have never had any real motivation, energy and have always had concentration issues. I have been trying to get my doctor to test for high estrogen and he put it off. I am now on 200mg shots every two weeks. I will go back in in 3 months to get tested and will demand an estrogen test. If he doesnot comply, I will get another doctor. If your doctor isn't doing what you feel is in your best interest, I suggest you go to anothe doctor and their opinion on an estrogen blocker.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
(male)

c5jener HB User

You should be doing weekly shots - not every 2 or 3 weeks! Do you give yourself injection or go to dr office? If your doing yourself split dose and do weekly. Your riding a T roller coaster if your doing shots beyond 1 week intervals. Estradiol (E2) is another factor that can affect men on T replacement - as the T is converted to E2 after injection. Men with larger amount of body fat have higher conversion rates based on the aromatase enzyme located in fat. Have you changed dr's?

Reply Reply