It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
(male)

Curlybob HB User
Question pain in abdomen and genital area

I have a question about a 67 year old female that had laparoscopic gall bladder surgery about 2 years ago. She has experienced ongoing pain in her abdomen and genital area.

She has been to just about every doctor in the area and had follow up exploratory surgery to see if they could find anything. I think she also ended up having a partial hysterectomy along the way or something done to her bladder. When they did the exploratory surgery they found nothing, I guess they were looking for adhesion's or something else? She is also having trouble with her bladder and the doctor has her using something called a "pezzerie"(sp) to help support her bladder. She has now just started a physical therapy routine and is already complaining about that and stating it is not helping.

She's been to just about every doctor, chiropractor, psychiatrist, neurologist, internal medicine and on and on in our area. Tried different meds, pain killers, etc. All scans come back negative and nobody can seem to figure out why she still experiences this pain.

The family has been and continues to be supportive of her because of her long history of being a strong person (physically and mentally). It's at a point now where a person who had been well respected and seen as strong and capable has become depressed and almost helpless.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

She has no other significant medical history beyond the gall bladder surgery, mother of two 45+ year old healthy children, parents lived into their late 70's, and she is a widow (13) years. Her husband died of a pulmonary embolism. Doctor's have used phrases such as "I wish my results and scans looked as good as what I'm seeing in your reports", "you're healthy as a horse", "we simply can't find anything wrong with you".

I am now of the opinion that she is not handling the change from a physically capable person, self-sufficient adult to her "senior" years and things are manifesting in this pain issue and general apathy about life. She has avoided all social activities to include her 90+ year old mother-in-laws funeral and a recent family reunion where people who were clearly in much worse shape than her attended and did just fine. She does not seem to have a problem going to the doctor, even 2 hours away, at the drop of a hat though.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-05-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply