It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
(female)

Samraj HB User
No relief after ercp

Hi I'm 35yr f who had her gb removed in 2009. About a month ago I started having pain in my rib cage and back. Got my endoscopy done which was normal so the doc ordered a MRCP which showed stones in common bile duct. They did ercp and removed the stones. After the surgery I again had severe pain in the night same way I did before the stones were removed. Pain was about 8 on the pain scale when it was at its highest. It .lasted for an hour to two and went away. I am now at about 1 or 2 pain level. This is how it was before ercp. i had excessive burping which hasnt gone away either. Before ercp I used to have pain of about 8 and it would go away after a couple of hours .So it seems the ercp didn't do me any good. Has anyone had any similar experience? This is not the case of pancreatitis (I think).

Old 07-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #2
(female)

ladyK85 HB User
Re: No relief after ercp

I have the same problem...I would have pain every night, it would start at like 4am and could last for hours..the pain was on my right side and it would radiate to my back. I started to feel like this two weeks after my gallbladder was removed. Come to find out it was Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction. You should look it up. MY doc did and ErCP with manometry and it confirmed that I had SOD. He went in and cut the muscle. I hope your pain goes away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
burping, ercp, pain abdomen