It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
(male)

messplay HB User
23yrs old and Low T

Hi.

I recently had bloodwork done to check my thyroid because of the weight I felt I was losing and some symptoms that I found affiliated mostly with hyperthyroidism (lack of energy, weight loss, etc. etc.) and still feel like I have no energy, tired, weak, etc.

Free T3 - 3.5 (2.3-4.2)
TSH - 1.07 (0.40-4.50)
Free T4 - 1.4 (0.8-1.8)
Testosterone - 193 (241-827)

I had this test 4-5 days ago.

I have lost about 6lbs in the last 18 days. For about 8 days there at the start I was eating maybe 1,000 calories in one day so I know a lot is from that (was dealing with sever health anxiety and just got lazy and too worked up to make myself eat much). I weigh ~158lbs.

I have gastritis and my stomach is constantly gurgling it feels like but I am getting my appetite back and now am eating a good hefty 3-4 meals a day. I have lost 2 of the 6 lbs in the last 5 days.

I tested negative on the biopsy from my endoscopy that diagnosed me with Gastritis for H pylori, celiac, etc. no ulcers.

I am just curious as to what is causing me to have low T all of a sudden...I have never had or done anything that would cause it except some natural testosterone boosters on and off for several months when I used to work out heavily. My doctor said it's been suppressed so maybe that's why it is low now.

I do have some "worms" it feels like below my testicles but have had that checked months ago and my Dr. said it was normal anatomy - no pain or anything like that. I dont know what else to look for down there..? I've noticed once the other night as I was sitting down I randomly got a sharp "burning" sensation at the end of my urethra as if I got some soap in it from the shower which I believe I did take a couple hours prior. When I urinate, no burning or anything. My urine is clear for the most part but I have noticed I may be peeing more frequently - it's 7pm and since I've been up (7am) I have gone maybe 7 times.

I have not worked out or done any physical activity except walk/run/ride a bike in the last 6 months or so, so I know a lot of my weight that is being lost is mainly muscle.

I am worried about my weight and am starting on 50mg of a compound formula gel for Testosterone from my pharmacist to substitue for the high price of Androgel. I feel hungry more which is a good sign, I'm having a bowel movement first thing in the morning - they almost seem urgent right when I start moving.

Any ideas?

Last edited by messplay; 02-28-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
(male)

ryan798 HB User
Re: 23yrs old and Low T

what kind of t boosters did you use because the ones that dont have all natural ingredients tent to give you the boost for a short period of time and then cause a drain of t. and also carrying a cell phone in your pocket can reduce t levels due to the radiation they put out i had low t levels a couple years back and i read about how cell phones effect it alot so i stopped using a cell completely and my t levels have gone back to normal.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
(male)

ryan798 HB User

also dont use the gel you were prescribed i have heard a lot of bad things about that stuff if you want to boost your t levels do it naturaly with a pill called advanced test o boost the stuff works great i am currently using it and i have seen major improvements in my energy levels and it also helps reduce cortisol the stress/death hormone good luck!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
(male)

messplay HB User

I was using HyperTest (2 bottles over the course of 2-3 months maybe) then I tried TestForce2 (2 tubs worth which is about the same supply) and some pure DAA (D-Aspartic Acid). If you put each day of all the products next to eachother and counted it that way, I maybe did x5 days a week for 4 months worth which I know isnt a lot.

I am a huge social media user, I probably have my phone in my pocket everyday for 4hours or so, especially when I was at school (high school and college). But mainly it sits on my desk next to my computer when I am on that which as of lately, has been sometimes 10hrs in one day.

Also, when I was on the natural T boosters, I always took the recommended amount and sometimes lower. I never was into getting HUGE or JACKED. I am 6'0 and weigh now ~160lbs but like I stated before, I have lost 5lbs suddenly over the last 3-4 weeks when I hadnt been working out in months and my weight stayed fairly the same. The most I weighed while on some weight gainers/whey/t boost/creatine etc. was maybe high 160s.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
(male)

ryan798 HB User

4 hours in your pocket doesnt seem like a long time but the radiation inflames your testicles after only 15 minutes so i would consider maybe getting a case that you can wrap around your arm or something to keep it away from your pocket. if you go to natural news's website they have a couple articles you can find that give you a little more info on the radiation. and 5 pounds is not that bad i remember about a year ago i lost almost 10 pounds in a span of about 9 days and my doctor said not to worry it could be from added stress or less fluid intake, do you have any anxiety issues or any added stress lately? and also DAA can be very dangerous because it can increase estrogen levels which is very bad and can cause a lot of imbalances in your body and i have not heard much about the hypertest or testforce2 but i know a lot of those products contain epimedium or horney goat weed which can cause damage to your testicles.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #6
(male)

messplay HB User

Thanks for the info Ryan, I appreciate it.

None of the products had Horny Goat Weed as far as I know, I still have a majority of them in my closet (havent touched any of that stuff in over 10 months). TestForce2 was had DAA as well as Sarcosine which just helped with it's effects.

And yes! I am quite the hypochondriac and Around February 7th I just began to self diagnose myself online with some random things that were going on with my body. Few days later, it was something different, then something different, and so on. Basically got down to getting prescribed Lexapro for the anxiety after my first visit with a psychiatrist whom I will see next week as a follow up (have not taken the Lexapro due to how all of the anxiety dwindling - I'm just flat out worn out). I also had a visit with the cardiologist to check my heart because I suddenly became aware of EVERY beat like my arm moving a little, my stomach pulse, my head moving slightly, etc. I was getting 5hrs of interrupted sleep for about 5 nights there for awhile + only eating 1000-1300 calories in a given day for almost 10 days.

NOW i feel like I have muscle dystrophy or something since my legs shake a little when I bend them, like how they would after a leg/calf day at the gym. And some slight pain soreness in parts of my back, hacing to flex it orarch it to relieve the tension (maybe from being slouched over the laptop on the couch and whatnot) etc..like I'm just losing muscle by the minute.

In regards to my low T, I feel as though my penis is actually smaller in relaxation time, like how it gets when you're lifting weights or nervous/cold. But it is normal when I go to urinate, not "scrunched". The back of my neck feels sore, I'll probably start worrying about that, etc. All in all I feel like something is wrong with my pituitary gland or something - no idea why my test is this low. The weight loss seems understandable based on the eating habits those 2 weeks and me basically hanging around the house everyday.

Definitely going to start keeping my phone further away from my groin outside of the house.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #7
(male)

Buck8466 HB User

At your age, you are probably burning 3000 calories per day for just being alive. At the deficit you are running, weight loss is inevitable regardless of your testosterone level. I'm assuming you don't know your T level prior to the T booster use, so you cant be sure if that's the culprit. I recently found out I have low T with no obvious reason either. I suspect heavy drinking in my past as a possibility, but I don't know for sure. So far I have gotten 1 injection for treatment. I definitely feel better and from my reading and talking with people on the internet, the injections are better than the gel for results and side effects.
Buck

Old 03-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #8
(male)

messplay HB User

Thanks for the reply!

You're right, I'm not sure what my levels were prior to the usage but I got some lab work from January of last year (when I was on/off the supplements) and my testosterone was ~940. I havent had any of the powders except for the occasional whey since May/June.

I just google "unexplained weight loss" despite that week during the middle of February where, like I mentioned, I ate barely 1500calories per day, and the first page of Google comes up with certain types of cancer and how I have some of the basic signs or whatever. Like for some reason, I've began to sleep with lightweight sweats on when I go to bed and maybe 1-2 nights a week recently I have been waking up in the middle of the night due to light sweating on my chest. I can definitely tell I've lost muscle though due to my upper arm size, chest, and my legs have always been small but even if I do a slight wall sit my legs begin to shake a little due to weakness - which then makes me think I have Multiple Sclerosis...

Back to eating, it's 3pm and all I've had today were a yogurt, banana, 4eggs, some potatoes, and an english muffin. So I assume my eating is a little off compared to normal where I would have had the same thing and then maybe a 1700 calorie meal from Panda Express or something hefty from a restaurant.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #9
(male)

Buck8466 HB User

You'd be surprised what happens to your body when you starve yourself. From your measurements, I wouldn't think you had too much fat to spare. The human body will go into survival mode after a long term caloric deficit. I am willing to bet the shaking of your legs is diet related and nothing more. I'm not a doctor, but I've been into physical fitness for most of my adult life. I was just like you when I first got the blood work results. You cant help but to think worst case scenario. Out of all the things that you can do to increase test levels, I already had them covered: perfect diet, gym 5 days/week, I don't use any illegal drugs or alcohol (marijuana included), and I am fit. As far as your night sweating go, just last night I was freezing when going to bed. I woke up sweating in the middle of the night. My advice to you is to relax, don't look into things(night sweating, penis size, etc) too much or dwell on them, and most importantly EAT. Minimum of 3000 calories! If you have it, oatmeal is super good for you. If you have the whey, drink a few shakes throughout the day. If you decide to get back into the gym, don't take any supplements besides creatine, protein, and a good multivitamin. The other crap on the market is snake oil. If you do notice significant gains from something else, it probably has some form of steroid mixed in there. The supplement industry is loosely regulated and companies will try to get away with whatever they can until they get caught.
The TRT so far has increased my appetite, reduced depression, and increased my energy during the day and in the gym. One last thing, if you are sitting around the house often and drinking coffee or energy drink, that could make you anxious also. I can drink coffee all day while at work, but if I drink it sitting idle at home, I get really anxious and end up thinking negative thoughts. Idle time is a MoFo.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #10
(male)

messplay HB User

I have a question.

Well first off, I should be getting my results from another lab I had on my Testosterone since I took the one I started this thread with at 1:30pm and I know for Testosterone it should be in the morning from 8am-10am (I took this most recent one a few days ago at 9:30am and have been off that Bio Identical Testosterone gel for about 2 weeks, took it for only 4 days).

I'm just curious, I don't know if I am just being overly aware of my body these past few weeks which has resulted in me being a super hypochondriac or what, but I've noticed the hair on my thighs becoming darker. I am typically a blonde/strawberry blonde guy with blue eyes, I have blonde arm hair, darker leg hair and my thighs are the same as my legs, obviously darker when in the shower and wet. I usually shave/trim my leg hair for sports on occasion, as well as arm hair and even chest hair at times...When I used to work out, I just didn't like having too much of it (plus it could show off the vascularity more haha). I havent shaved much of my chest lately because of the funk I've been in, but I am wondering why I'm noticing some hair growth becoming more prominent than before on my chest and even around my nipples. It's always been like that but maybe because it gets close to a week before I shave it again that it appears more abundant.

Also, the buttocks. I would try to maintain that area too but it appears that that is becoming thicker as well, maybe 1/4" in the 'crack' area.

I don't know if this is hormone related or dealing with other hormones or it's just me being overly aware. Are there other questions I need to answer? My mind is trying to play tricks on me and thinking that I am producing more estrogen or something because I have only worked out maybe 10-15times in the past 6 months so my body is fairly weaker, I appear less 'masculine' due to the muscle loss, and so my mind tries to think I'm turning into a female or I'm having some severe hormonal issues. I don't know..

Advice and information would help!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #11
(male)

gloom HB Usergloom HB Usergloom HB Usergloom HB Usergloom HB Usergloom HB Usergloom HB User

I'm of the impression that you can't really figure out what's going on by checking just testosterone. That said you sound a lot like me when I was low testosterone ten years ago.

You might have the following checked.

Growth hormone, FSH, LH these are pituitary hormones. And check Estrogen.
Also have your eyes checked for any visual field disturbances.

Low growth hormone levels are a sign of pituitary problems. Such as a tumor. This is a royal pain in the you know, but unlikely and treatable.

LSH and LH work together to control production of testosterone. If these are high then the problem is testicular fail. If low or 'normal' then it's a pituitary issue.

or

Estrogen. Because if this is high, testosterone goes down. I think estrogen will compete with testosterone at your pituitary causing it to think your levels are too high. And then your FSH and LH level drop and you stop producing testosterone.

Probably you should check testosterone levels at least three times, three months apart before going on testosterone replacement. It's possible the off brand supplements you were taking put things on the fritz. And it could take a while for things to recover. So you want to be sure that you don;t have a problem that isn't going to go away by itself.

Testosterone gel is fine as hormone replacement. Don't put it on your belly unless you want fur on your belly. And it needs to be applied to clean non oily skin or it won't absorb. Some men take shots, self administered every few days. Shots are cheap. Might be the big rush of testosterone helps too.

A lot of people and doctors well tell you that testosterone replacement is dangerous. However it isn't as long as your levels are in normal range and just high enough to relieve your symptoms. My personal experience is once you get your dose right, more doesn't make you feel any better. All that happens is you gain excess muscle weight, and that is a sign that you must cut back.

PS: I actually think testosterone is toxic. But it's what you get for being a guy. Human male bodies can't function properly without it. Dogs and Cat, farm animals sure, human males no, we don't go through seasonal variations in our levels like a lot of animals do.

Side note I've noticed this mentioned about testosterone and also thyroid hormones. If you've been hypo for a long while, you may find after a few months of treatment you need to up your dose because as your body recovers and stop compensating, it needs more hormone to function with the higher metabolism you now have.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:36 AM   #12
(male)

messplay HB User

gloom, I made a post in the vision thread just recently about my vision. I do have slight astigmatism I think it was that my eye doc said last time I went to him in 2011 to get a newer prescription which was basically just a tad stronger (like barely anything) than what I had years prior to that and it is for night driving, distance. Only over the last 3 days from night driving have I started to focus on my vision (I have been dealing with health anxiety the whole month of Feb and saw many doctors, a cardiologist, psychiatrist, etc.. all tests have come back fine but was told I do have anxiety and mild depression but I have sense found myself feeling better).

My vision is fine for the most part, but the distance has been an issue for me lately only because I have realized how much better the glasses are and what difference those are starting to make. The difference with/without them for distance seems to be more noticeable than it was 2 years ago. This could be due to the amount of hours a day (sometimes 12hrs) I spend in front of a computer. I would say on average throughout college I spend close to 8hours a day in front of a computer.

If I get those other hormones checked and they are within range then the sign of something with my pituitary is wrong is out of the question then right? Can a varicocele deal do anything with Testosterone production? I don't think I have one but I do have a small bundle of worms I have always felt below my left testicle. There is the same thing below my right one but not as prominent.

I am just a big hypochondriac and the mention of something possibly in my head really scares me. Based on online reading apparently they are common in population but benign and most of them secretes certain hormones or one hormone specifically which for my my T is just low. I don't have any headaches though or anything like that but when I was self diagnosing myself a month ago for anything and everything I did check something like that online and how it can affect vision if it is more serious. Like I'm typing this now at 5:40am and my eyes are kinda fuzzy but due to me sleeping the last 5 hours. I may see a urologist if the blood work for my Testosterone comes back low from last week.

Last edited by messplay; 03-27-2013 at 06:03 AM.

Reply Reply