It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
(female)

kiddo311 HB User
Question Elevated hormone labs/ low TSH

I am a 34 yr old female, new here and thankful I found this board as I have so many questions. I won't overwhelm anyone willing to help though.

9 years ago I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, had an uptake which found hot nodules. So, a partial thyroidectomy was done. Have had my levels checked every 6 months since and was never put on medication.

Recently I have been feeling depressed, anxious, intolerance to cold, sweating more than usual, trouble sleeping, and major weight loss (mainly due to stress). Saw my PCP who did a full work up of labs. My TSH in March was 0.755. All other labs were normal.

In April, I had a pap done with a woman in the practice I go to. She did a breast exam and asked about some discharge in my nipple. I said I'd had it for a long time. She ordered some hormone labs and a mammogram (also have history of breast cancer in first degree relative).
Labs I had: FSH & LH were normal
Progesterone normal
Testosterone serum was 82 (elevated)
Prolactin was 30.2 (elevated)
DHEA-Sulfate was normal
TSH- 0.455
T4-Free 1.10

Been trying to google why these labs would be abnormal, but all I really come up with is PCOS. I really don't have any of those symptoms. My menstrual cycle is always 28 days, and I'm not over weight. Could this be a thyroid issue?? Just not understanding why the testosterone is so high!

Mammogram came back normal, as well as an ultrasound.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
prolactin, testosterone, thyroid, tsh