It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #1
(male)

aliasaron HB User
Question Testosterone Information Maze??

I will try keeping this short but will say I really need some guidance.

I have battled depression for 8 years I am a 30 year old male and have been on some SSRI or another over that period of time. The drug keeps me away from the edge of darkness without it... scary.

Ever since im young I always dealt with fatigue, lack of energy, drive etc. In my ealry 20's my Dr. had a blood panel done and said my T level was at 281 which was at the low end. At the time I was hesitant to do an kind of therapy and pushed it off. Its amazing how time could just go by ignoring the issue's that hinder ones abilities in day to day life.

I recently had the blood work rechecked and the first level came back at 100 the second blood test came back at 167

The Endo I am going to says 167 although low for a 30 year old is still withing the range of normal according to the lab that did the blood work who's guidelines for a 30 year old say 160-747 is normal. I made it in the "normal" range by 7 points.

The Dorctor after hearing my history decided to try me for 1 months on 100mg per week of T cypionate but he thinks it might be over kill... he also says my free T level came back as normal..

Is TRT for me overkill?

Next, My wife and I would like to have children and I am worried that doing TRT will not allow us to get pregnant. I mentioned this to the Endo.. who is is 78 and old school and he said it won't be an issue.. I asked him about HCG I've read about and he said its hag wash....

Summary:

Could TRT help someone with my levels?
Is there a way to still stay fertile while on T?
Is the 100mg my Dr. enough for a 280 pound guy like me?
Are the Dr's out there in NY who are more open minded and open to the new world of info who might be better for me?

FYI When I started on an SSRI it took me time to get comfortable and not feel embarrassed and inadequate... which I overcame. At the time I thought I've overcome the most Stigma type issues out there.. I was wrong. When it comes to the ssue of T I find it so much more TABOO.. The pharmacist couldn't answer my questions because he was like I've never dispensed this drug (evil eye)

Looking forward to the wealth of information out there!

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
(male)

Dashxx2 HB User
Re: Testosterone Information Maze??

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasaron View Post

Summary:

Could TRT help someone with my levels?
Is there a way to still stay fertile while on T?
Is the 100mg my Dr. enough for a 280 pound guy like me?
Are the Dr's out there in NY who are more open minded and open to the new world of info who might be better for me?

Thank you!
I know this thread is a bit old but here's my opinion on it. Btw, im currently on TRT.

Yes TRT could help. Your'e levels are very low even though they're within the "lab range". I'm assuming you're 'normal' free-t is actually at the bottom of the range as well.

I'm pretty sure HCG can be used to keep the sperm count up when taking TRT.

The dosage isn't dependent on weight as near as I know. Just depends on wo your body processes it. 2 people of the same size could need vastly different dosages to get the same result.

There are docs who know what they're doing, but unfortunately you have to hunt for them sometimes.

You didn't mention it but have you had your LH/FSH levels checked. It's always good to know WHY it's low. Maybe it's possible the root cause can be treated.

Good luck!

Reply Reply