It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
(female)

JamieP23 HB User
Low DHEA - questions

Hi there

I am new to this forum.

I have just returned from my doctors with the following results -

Low DHEA. Level was 1.6 and the doctor said that it should be at around 6.
Progesterone and estrogen levels were within normaly range. Everything else was normal - cortisol, cholesterol, adrenals,insulin, etc - I had a full blood check done and everthing else was perfect.

Here are my symptoms - weight gain (legs and tummy) despite eating a very lean and clean diet and weight training 3 days per week/cardio 3 days per week. My personal trainer said that she can see good quality muscle, but it is under a growing level of fat. This has been quite sudden - 6 kg in 3 months. I am teary and irritable - very unusual for me. Insomnia at times. Constantily fatigued. Low libido. Heavy periods, etc. I am 37 and not on any contraception or any other medication.

Doctors recommendations -

Progesterone 40mg trouche - dose 1/2 nocte day 7-28. Whilst my progesterone levels were normal per se, my doctor stated that they may not be normal for me. I tend to agree that whilst my hormone levels might appear normal on paper (when tested a couple of days before my period started), all of my symptoms strongly indicate a estrogen/progesterone imbalane.

Here are my questions -

1. Is a progesterone trouche more effective than a cream?
2. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Did increasing progesterone work for you?
3.How long did it take for you to feel better?
4.Did you increase weight when you started taking progesterone?

Thanking you all in advance

N

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply