It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Red face Pls. Help. 46 year old and hormones out of wack.

Hi all.

I will start out with saying I have endomertrosis and had surgery back in 2008 and had some fibroids removed. Well, they have grow back and I have terrible periods.

I have IBS-C, and severe Depression / Anxiety. I am living a very stressful life right now, My beautiful mohter has dementia, and still able to do some things but is getting really worse.

I need some help or advise. My OB want to do take out everything b cuz of the endome. I am not ready for that. Not having kids, done.........never could have them((((( So I am lost what to do. I had blood work done and my OB is on vacation, but the nurse gave me some numbers, which I have no clue what they mean, and she said the dr. would have to discuess with me. MY

FSH was 9.6
Estradiol was -20.
Thyroid was 1.94 which she did say was in the "Normal" range, but could not give me any more informaion then this til next week when my OB returns.

I am on Prozac 20 mgs for depression, soon to go up to 40mgs. 1 Mg. of Kloplin as need up to three a day, which I have never taken three but at times fill like my heart is beating a million miles a minute. I have panic attacks at times too.

My last period was sad. I am usually close to the date which I was, but "NEVER" had one like this. All the usual PMS which I was dx. Bloating, mood swings, night sweats, depressed, etc. But it lasted about 4-5 day and was the lightest one I have ever had. And on top of that it was like black, and just tiny bits coming out. Sorry, TMI, but needs some anwsers before next week.

I would love you all's feedback please!!!!!!! Soon..........What is going on? And I don't understand the Numbers she gave me. I just want to be somewhat normal, and strong for my momma!

Please anyone, I need you.

Bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Pls. Help. 46 year old and hormones out of wack.

It looks like your follicle stimulating hormone level is normal, which comes from pituitary gland and starts an egg developing. The estradiol level is a little low, but given your age, just means you are becoming perimenopausal. That is the transition period between normal hormone levels and menopausal levels. That is why your period was lighter than usual. Very dark brown or black blood just happens because you were bleeding so lightly, and contact with oxygen turns the blood dark. Nothing to worry about. As your estrogen levels decline, your periods will get lighter, and you should have less pain with them and from the endo. The fibroids may shrink some but may not go away completely. So some of your problems are going to get better as you transition to menopause. Surgery is always your option and decision, based on how miserable you are with periods, but menopause is a natural fix for that. Unfortunately, it takes a long time (several years) to get through it. When you stop ovulating, your PMS will lessen as well. I hope that helps. I wouldn't let anyone pressure you into something you don't want to do.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User

Thank you lady bug! (Hug) to you.

My Esdro is less the 20 per the nurse, and my Thyroid was 1.94. Is this all normal?

I am tired of being tired of being tired, anxiety out the roof, depression, and I am also animic.

I had a sister many years before I came along that died at the young age of 5 of Leukemia, and that scares me so much. And dealing with my mom is taking it's toll

Old 07-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Your thyroid is in the normal range but a little higher than optimal, meaning you should get your free T4 and T3 checked as well to see where those are. TSH levels are opposite thyroid hormone levels, so in underactive thyroid disease, TSH is high and T3 and T4 are low. If there is any history of autoimmune diseases in family, I would ask to have thyroid antibodies done too, since you are so tired. That could be from the anemia though, which should be worked up as to cause and treated. Kids normally get acute leukemia, which is not hereditary, so I would not worry about that.

Last edited by ladybud; 07-26-2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: added

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
himmylover (07-26-2013)
Old 07-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

You are so helpful, so hopfully when the nurse calls or my OBGYN she will suggest the T-3 & T-4, what are those for?

I have a younger sister that has Chron's and found out about that when she was in her early 20's. She is now 44, on meds but doing good.

What all should I aske the OB besides this?

You are my angel.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

T3 and T4 refer to the thyroid hormones. TSH is the thyroid stimulating hormone that comes from pituitary. It helps to have all 3 levels. Thyroid antibodies are positive in people with autoimmune thyroid inflammation, and that can make people feel tired even if their hormone levels are ok. So I would ask for those since your sister has Crohn's, also autoimmune. The anemia should be evaluated in terms of what is causing it, like iron deficiency, Vit B12 or folate deficiency, heavy bleeding with periods, bleeding ulcers, etc. The cause should be treated. I think you will need to talk to the Dr about getting these other tests, not the nurse. She could relay the info, but would be best to talk directly with Dr.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well, just an update.

The OBGYN nurse called me and said my Thyroid was normal, FSH good, not menapauseal yet, but low on estrogren. She did not recomment anything, not even for pain.

My period a week ago was very light flowing hardly anything, dark to black, and all the PMS systems. Pain, etc.

I am just lost at what the heck to do.............I don't want to be in pain, but now that my period is over, I have been having crams like I am trying to start............hurts.

Don't know what to think now?

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr............((((((

Old 08-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Red face Re: Pls. Help. 46 year old and hormones out of wack.

OMG, update.

It has been less then two weeks, last period on the 23 of July, Yesterday got up and notices a bit of blood this time more red. I am really worried. Still going on like I am trying to have another period. I wonder if it is fibroids, or what? I have a few removed back in 2008.

It has not been two weeks and even though the flow is light their is blood in it. I Have called my OB, waiting for a call back.

What is going on with me? They tell me I am not permi. However look at low esdroil <20? I am very tired but that could be the Prozac that I feel is not working. Been on it for almost three months.

I am really worried. It is not like clots just red when I wipe. Pls. words of assurance or your thoughts til I hear from my nurse. Please.

Last edited by himmylover; 08-12-2013 at 08:08 AM. Reason: mispell

Reply Reply