It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hospice Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2006, 07:35 PM   #16
(female)

CGKT HB User
Re: Now hospice in-patient care.......

(((ellengrace))),

my heart goes out to you. I know we haven't commuicated before, but I have read your posts and truly admire your courage and fight! I am very sorry to hear about your hospice situation. I don't like to hear that you are all alone struggling and in pain. Is there someone nearby who can stay with you until your hospice situation gets settled? It really bothers me to know that you are all alone. I would ask if you could call your dr. and perhaps he or she can get you into the hospital until a bed become available. I wish I didn't live "across the pond"...my heart and prayers go out to you..

G

Old 12-16-2006, 07:36 PM   #17
(female)

CGKT HB User

(((ellengrace))),

my heart goes out to you. I know we haven't commuicated before, but I have read your posts and truly admire your courage and fight! I am very sorry to hear about your hospice situation. I don't like to hear that you are all alone struggling and in pain. Is there someone nearby who can stay with you until your hospice situation gets settled? It really bothers me to know that you are all alone. I would ask if you could call your dr. and perhaps he or she can get you into the hospital until a bed become available. I wish I didn't live "across the pond"...my heart and prayers go out to you..

G

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2006, 10:20 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB User

Oh Ellengrace...how sad all beds are full and you cannot get the TLC you need! I am saying that prayer you have requested for the special attention. I had been thinking you were at Hospice and they were taking very good care of you. You are very dear to us so I pray you get into Hospice soon so you can start feeling better and get back on this posting board. I have missed reading your postings, but understand you are just not up to posting.
BIG Hugs!
Kim

Old 12-17-2006, 01:15 AM   #19
(female)

Cee10 HB User

Hello Ellengrace,

You have my prayer that there is a bed in the hospice for you tomorrow.

You are such a brave lady, God Bless You.

Cee

Last edited by Administrator; 01-05-2010 at 10:29 PM.

Old 12-17-2006, 03:20 AM   #20
(female)

Isobella HB User

Ellengrace, I haven't posted on this board before but have been reading it for some time. I am so sorry you are having to go through this
You should not have to deal with all of this on your own. I really admire your courage and you have a lot of compassion for others which is wonderful, but please, please get the necessary help for yourself.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-05-2010 at 10:29 PM.

Old 12-17-2006, 05:29 PM   #21
(female)

ellengrace HB User

Thank you, everyone. I've been really moved by your words of support...but that's how we all get by, isn't it, encouraging each other and connecting? And it works, if we allow ourselves to open-up....tho' it was very hard for me to do that, at first.

I wish I hadn't started this thread, though ! When I was told it would be in-patient care last week I was so relieved that I let it all spill-out about how rotten I was feeling and then I find there is no bed for me .....well, a lousy weekend too, but please God there'll be news from hospice in the morning. That's just hours away, it's 1.30am here.

Feeling less nauseaus tonight, had a few spoonfuls of rice pudding with some meds. Thanks for all your replies, you are all in my prayers,too.

Old 12-17-2006, 05:47 PM   #22
(female)

Isobella HB User

Maybe this is a generalisation, but I think we British find it harder to open up about things - maybe some of the old stiff upper lip attitude still lingers. But I've seen from these boards (and others) just how much help there is by letting feelings out and sharing them with others. And of course it's great that people can come here and discuss symptoms and treatment with others who have experience of these things, either as a patient or carer.

Ellengrace, it's great to hear you feel a little better and could eat something tonight. I hope tomorrow (I suppose I should say today) you find there is a bed available in the hospice and you can then get the care you need at the moment as an in-patient. What a pity they don't have Internet access in the hospice but hopefully you will soon be well enough to be at home and posting again.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:07 PM   #23
(female)

ellengrace HB User

Just to update and to thank everyone for their prayers: there was a late-afternoon call from hospice to tell me a bed is available !!

It's nearly 5am here, and I have to be on the ward by ten this morning so I'll try and sleep for a couple of hours.

Am so grateful to be going into hospice, so many worries now alleviated. From my last spell as an inpatient I know I'll have the best care....and I know all the staff and they are great. A lady who attends my day-care unit will also be in for teatment...she's one of my favorite people....so that's a bonus , too, knowing I'll have her company.

Still only managed the small rice pudding spoonfuls....Cee's idea, and I'm glad of it. (Ambrosia full-creamed and out of a tin, Cee, but it does the job !

Thank you for your support, you are all in my prayers.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:10 PM   #24
(male)

conan1017 HB User

ellen-

Thanks for posting! I do feel like my prayers are being answered. You utterly amaze me with your strength and spirit. In fact, after reading your posts I feel like a pouty child. You inpire me to appreciate the successes we have had and the time we are getting. Please (as you are able) ...keep us informed.

Still praying,

conan

Closed Thread