It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hospice Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2009, 06:16 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

caringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB User
How did the first visit or two with Hospice there go?

Lil Deb

Just checking in -- how is it going with the hospice help you are getting?

Just wondering. Make sure after they know your routine with Dad that you leave the room and go do things for yourself, like shop or take a bubble bath, deal with son and take him to things, or even go out and collect rocks? (lmao)

They are supposedly there to help you so let them okay. Do not feel that you have to 'entertain' them when they are there to help you

love CaringSister54

Not going to be on that much today. Mikey's Mom turned 70 yesterday and the children are giving her a surprise birthday party. For some reason, today more than any other day, I'm having a funny feeling inside. Its hard because I feel like this more and more but I feel like I don't belong to that family anymore. I'm thinking its because they know I've been dating Joe. I feel like I want Joe to be part of my family and they are a BIG part of that family, maybe they feel like since I'm dating him now, I'm not truly thought of as their 'sister' any longer. We never used the "in-law" word when we described ourselves to others.

They didn't really call and tell me what's going on with the party plans, what food we're having or anything. I got wind of the party through my daughter's contact with my niece on FB and Mikey's sister said "I just didn't get around to calling you about my idea", so I decided not to make a big deal about it and just let it pass. But then no other calls ever came. Except one when I called again to inquire about the needs of any food, etc. and I was told that I was to do the desserts.

I'm more hurt than anything. Oh well, I'll deal with that either today or sometime after.

Last edited by caringsister54; 08-01-2009 at 06:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2009, 06:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
Re: How did the first visit or two with Hospice there go?

You are and always will be their sister, your kids their children's cousins. Don't let a new partner keep you away. Perhaps they will like him and be happy for you that you have someone new. It doesn't mean you did anything wrong for Mikey while you had him. People move on. I am sure they will understand that.

Love,

Martha

Old 08-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

caringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB User
Re: How did the first visit or two with Hospice there go?

yeah I know. I just get the loss of Mikey days and feel blah sometimes. But I'm much better now!

Off to see the relatives! Can't wait to see "Mom"

Closed Thread