It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2003, 08:59 PM   #1
(male)

jasonhinkle80 HB User
Genital Wart HPV Type 6 or 11

Hello,

I'm new here. I've been reading about HPV for months now. I'm 95% sure I have HPV type 6 or 11 which cases genital warts.

A few months ago I noticed very VERY small wart which rubbed right off and never came back. Since then I've noticed 4 more, all of which rubbed off and have not come back. I think they all started at the same time and I just didn't notice the other ones. I'm watching closely to see what happens. I will be seeing my doctor next month.

The odd part is the I had a "flat wart" which is a common normal wart "reappear" on my arm at the same time these others showed up. It's also gone now. It makes me wonder if there is something that causes a wart to appear. Maybe a change in the diet?

Anyway, I'm distraught about the idea of having HPV. At first I was dealing with it because I read between 50-75% of people have HPV. Then as I read more, I learned that type 6 and 11 cause external genital warts. Knowing that there are hundreds of strains of HPV I began to lose optimism since the 50-75% is for HPV as a whole. As it turns out I have found numerous medical sources through much effort that estimate external genital warts which become visible are only in 1.4% of the female population and 1% of the male population.

This is very upsetting, however I will deal with it. I am hoping that the warts do not return. I believe I was infected with them 9 to 10 months ago while dating a particuliar girl.

I would like to know how many people reading this have had an actual wart appear.

I am having a hard time dealing with this and I'll quickly explain why. I have not dated seriously in 3 years because I have a solid corporate career. I am in my mid-twenties and achieved a lot of success so far. Also for those 3 years I expanded a business I started when I was 19. I worked 90-100 hours a week for 3 years busting my butt to become successful.

Well now I'm successful and I just started dating again and wham-o. I'm getting a lot of pressure from my buddies to date all the different girls I meet. I will talk with them and eventually get around to the sexual category where I bring up STD's and safety. That is the point I decide the relationship has to end. If I get a response like "I don't have anything" or "I've always been safe and I get tested" then I assume it won't go further if I break the news. I am waiting for the girl who will respond with a knowledgable answer. When I mention that 50-75% of people have HPV and roughly 95% do not know it I think it shows I am informed and has reason to be. 2 girls have asked me if I have had it based on my knowledge. Of course I respond no and that I just find it amazingly high which raised my interest in knowing about it. I'm not going to get serious with those girls, so they don't need to know.

I always thought I would build my business and expand my career to the executive level, which I believe I will, but the important piece was meeting the girl everybody dreams of.

I'm a pretty attractive atheletic clean cut guy and I'm getting a LOT of heat for not getting serious with the girls I've been meeting. I'm not so worried about that, it's just the whole thing in general. I'm already exetremely picky, I've always wanted an outgoing, active, successful, and very attractive girlfriend. As if that's not hard enough to find, now I feel I have to be lucky enough to find the 1% of 1%.

I've looked at all the online dating services as well as STD related dating sites. I have not found any good ones, they either don't mention STD's at all or they make it completely obvious that everybody on the site has an STD. I believe that if there was a controlled way for a site to integrate person's with STD's into it that a lot more people would be on the site. I am considering building such a site. Each person would be required to confidential answer if they have an STD and if they would date a person who has an STD. When a match is made the person with the STD can view if they would date a person with an STD but they can not view if the person also has it. However, if both members were premium paying members and both had a match in the STD category then it would be displayed to each of them only after each has agreed to communicate due to mutual interest.

Sorry for making this so long. I would also like to know if there happens to be a successful attractive girl in a situation like me reading this. I am using an alias because I want to stay confidential. I am in NW Ohio and would be looking for a girl between 22-28.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2003, 09:27 PM   #2
(male)

jasonhinkle80 HB User
Re: Genital Wart HPV Type 6 or 11

I'd like to add.. (hopefully possible that maybe I don't have HPV)

I forgot to mention that everything I have read indicated that genital warts appear in clusters. The 5 mini warts I had that rubbed of were as far apart from each other as is possible.

Is there anything else this could be? Like I said, I've had the common flat wart before on my arm in a couple places. They look the same as those. I heard that regular warts can spread from touching, scratching, or shaving.

What are the chances I just transfered flat warts to my genital area? I would imagine that a wart would spread easy in that region due to rubbing occuring while walking or moving, scratching, or any touching in the genital area.

I am SO hoping this is the case. Could somebody knowledable answer this? I appreciate anybody who has an opinion but I am really looking for somebody who can definitely say for a fact this is possible and/or experienced it personally.

Thanks again.

The following user gives a hug of support to jasonhinkle80:
Anna Khonda (01-10-2012)
Closed Thread