It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2004, 11:41 AM   #1
(female)

sarasota2004 HB User
Unhappy Diagnosed with HPV 9 years ago...now what?

I was diagnosed with HPV (moderate displasia) back in 1996.

I had the LEEP done.

For the following 2 years I went twice a year with all normal Paps.

Since then, I go yearly with normal paps.

I'm afraid of the future. What are the odds of it coming back? I am also nervous cause they say a Pap test is not always 100% accurate. Should I be taking another test just to make sure?

I know they say your immune system is strong and can withstand the virus but for how long? Forever? When I get older and my immune system goes down will it come back with persistenly?

Or, am I as good as anybody who doesn't have HPV? Also, I'm on the pill....I've read this is bad? I'm just so confused! I hear too many different things? I don't know what to believe?

I heard I'm 4 times more at risk to develop cervical cancer? It doesn't make sense?

Any info. would be greatly appreciated. I just feel like I can never be free of worrying!

Old 02-16-2004, 12:13 PM   #2

angelface25 HB User
Re: Diagnosed with HPV 9 years ago...now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasota2004
I was diagnosed with HPV (moderate displasia) back in 1996.

I had the LEEP done.

For the following 2 years I went twice a year with all normal Paps.

Since then, I go yearly with normal paps.

I'm afraid of the future. What are the odds of it coming back? I am also nervous cause they say a Pap test is not always 100% accurate. Should I be taking another test just to make sure?

I know they say your immune system is strong and can withstand the virus but for how long? Forever? When I get older and my immune system goes down will it come back with persistenly?

Or, am I as good as anybody who doesn't have HPV? Also, I'm on the pill....I've read this is bad? I'm just so confused! I hear too many different things? I don't know what to believe?

I heard I'm 4 times more at risk to develop cervical cancer? It doesn't make sense?

Any info. would be greatly appreciated. I just feel like I can never be free of worrying!

I know this is easier said than done.....but just relax! I've had hpv for about 3 1/2 yrs now....and the only time i had an abnormal pap was when i had warts present. You've had plenty of normal paps for you to get worried. To be honest with ya, i totally don't even think of it anymore. Don't get stressed. Take care of yourself , take viatimns (i do faithfully). Don't worry about when you're older......You never know....they might have a cure for it by then! Keep your head up!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2004, 03:42 PM   #3
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User
Re: Diagnosed with HPV 9 years ago...now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasota2004
See my answer to a related HPV question: [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=151577[/url]
Several info websites given in that answer that may interest you.

Closed Thread