It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2004, 12:29 AM   #1

Philhelm HB User
Bumps on penis...hpv or scar?

First off, I have a scar on my penis from when I was circumcized. My mother told me that they cut a little too low and that the clamp pinched me really bad and that it left a scar. I have two healed "holes" on the shaft of my penis from where the clamp pinched me. It's a really bad pinch mark scar. Also, right by one of the "holes" is an irregular bump, and there are a few tiny bumps near it. I'm pretty sure that it was always there, and it might be one of those cases about "discovering" a bump on the penis that may have been there my whole life and that I'm just paranoid. I even asked my mother about it (embarassing as it was, but she would know I suppose). She told me that I had an irregular bump on my penis by one of the "holes" where I was cut during circumcision. My only question is why would there be a few tiny bumps in the area too? Is it possible for scar tissue to appear that way? I even showed it to a doctor during a routine physical and told him that I thought it was a scar. He didn't think it was warts, but he wasn't a dermatologist and didn't inspect it too much. I intend to see a dermatologist soon, but I'm just wondering if it could just be scar tissue. Oh, also, if the bumps are warts, how quickly would I notice growth if they were to grow and spread? I haven't noticed any spreading, but I'll keep my eye on it. Thanks for any input.

Last edited by Philhelm; 03-30-2004 at 12:31 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2004, 02:42 PM   #2

Ti-dop HB User
Re: Bumps on penis...hpv or scar?

dude I have new bumps in the scar area too. dermatologist says it fordyce papules.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2004, 03:51 PM   #3
(male)

avron HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-dop
dude I have new bumps in the scar area too. dermatologist says it fordyce papules.
I too have two small bumps near the cutting area, they are not red or anything, they just look like some messed up skin, the doctor examed them and said they aren't warts.

I didn't have them before, they started after I got a UTI and started having dry skin down there, I have had them for about a month now, they got better and not worse.

Old 03-30-2004, 10:02 PM   #4

Philhelm HB User

Well, that's good news. It's like avron said. It looks like messed up skin. But there are tiny bumps near it. No wierd colors, roughness, or anything like that. Well, I suppose it may be just fordyce papules. It's just that I never noticed the tiny bumps in the area before. Of course, I never examined that area closely before either. I suppose I was just being paranoid. Well, thanks for your imput, and thanks for any other imput that you all put in.

Closed Thread