It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2004, 07:34 AM   #1

byonush HB User
Question Why all the Itching with HPV

Me and my wife both have HPV. I have flesh colored bumps on my penis that do not itch but my anus itch's a lot especially at night. It itches so much that i'll actually itch it until it is painful. My wife's gyn told her its a very rare strain of HPV could this be true that hpv would make your anus itch like that. My wife was having the same problem for awhile but hers has gone away. Mine goes away from time to time but usually comes right back. Any info would be sooo helpful.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:43 PM   #2

mom2be0904 HB User
Re: Why all the Itching with HPV

I also have HPV (the wart kind) and am experiencing the exact same thing. I asked my doctor if they would cause itching, and he said no...but I am also experiencing extreme itching around my anus. I know it has to be from the warts...I have researched them alot on the internet and it says the warts can cause itching. Sorry, I dont have any advice on how to stop it, but if you find anything that helps...please let me know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2004, 08:51 AM   #3

missnicole HB User

what type of treatment are you doing? the only time i felt any kind of itching or discomfort was after a treatment with padophyillin (sp), and that was only because my doctor didnt tell me it HAD to be washed off after six hours.

Old 04-21-2004, 10:17 AM   #4

clint3521 HB User

This is more a personal question about you and your wife. Did whoever had it tell the other before having sex? I'm in a tough boat right now b/c I just found out I have it and didn't know. I've been having sex with my fiance and we're getting married in 2 weeks. I'm so scared and afraid to tell him. He doesn't have any symptoms of them so he doesn't know. He's only been with one person before and they were married and had never been with anyone else. I had a wild streak in my life and now I guess I'm paying for it. Any advise you can lend would be great. Hope this doesn't bother you for me to ask.

Old 04-21-2004, 11:11 AM   #5
Inactive

KimRick HB User

Do you have the high risk and/or low risk strains?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint3521
This is more a personal question about you and your wife. Did whoever had it tell the other before having sex? I'm in a tough boat right now b/c I just found out I have it and didn't know. I've been having sex with my fiance and we're getting married in 2 weeks. I'm so scared and afraid to tell him. He doesn't have any symptoms of them so he doesn't know. He's only been with one person before and they were married and had never been with anyone else. I had a wild streak in my life and now I guess I'm paying for it. Any advise you can lend would be great. Hope this doesn't bother you for me to ask.

Old 04-21-2004, 11:48 AM   #6

clint3521 HB User

I'm not sure, I was never told. I did have an abnormal pap, so they did a biopsy and said it was fine. I do have a few outer ones that I use aldara for.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:27 PM   #7
Inactive

KimRick HB User

Next time you have a pap, request that they conduct an HPV Digene DNA test on you in order identify which strain/s you have.

Quote:
I'm not sure, I was never told. I did have an abnormal pap, so they did a biopsy and said it was fine. I do have a few outer ones that I use aldara for.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:29 PM   #8

clint3521 HB User

I'll do that. Thanks for all your help.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:40 PM   #9
Inactive

KimRick HB User

NOT A PROBLEM - I'M GLAD I COULD BE OF SOME HELP!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Quote:
I'll do that. Thanks for all your help.

Old 04-29-2004, 05:57 PM   #10

pops1 HB User

Aldara has been found to trigger outbreaks of herpes in some patients who have dormant herpes. 3M knows this happens but will not put it on the label. If you really want to know what Aldara is all about I suggest you visit [url]http://www.aldara1.com[/url] where there is a collection of data and information 3M "forgot" to warn everyone about on the label. Most all the data is 3M's own materials. Go all through the site as just a quick visit will not do you justice in educating yourself about Aldara. It's really bad stuff regardless of the disease being treated. Side effects include drug induced autoimmune disorders as well...

Old 04-30-2004, 10:27 AM   #11

clint3521 HB User

WOW...Thanks for the info and I'll be sure to check it out. So what should be used then?

Closed Thread