It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2004, 02:23 PM   #1

Katttob HB User
HPV & Infertility -Need input!!

I was researching HPV on the web and ran across a few articles that said HPV causes men and women to be infertile. And can also cause miscarrages in women.

Have any of you, who have HPV, ever had any of these problems due to HPV?

This new info scares me and I am confussed whether or not it is something I should worry about?? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Old 05-12-2004, 05:59 PM   #2

rebekkabobekka HB User
Re: HPV & Infertility -Need input!!

From what my doctor had told me that left untreated hpv could cause infertility..but with treatment and paps everything should be fine..
I went on to have 2 children..no complication..and I had no problem getting pregnant...lol Both my kids were born vaginally...and there were no complications.. alot of times just "worrying" Alot and alot of stress can make it hard to get pregnant... my best friend wen't through similar worrying... and after she relaxed..wouldn't ya know she got pregnant... and I am happy to say she now has 6 kids... Now she can worry! lol
rebekka

Last edited by rebekkabobekka; 05-12-2004 at 06:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2004, 06:42 AM   #3
Inactive

KimRick HB User

HPV doesn't cause you to have miscarriages, but the LEEP one would have to repair the cervix could lead to a miscarriage if the cervix isn't compitant (sp?) enough to handle the pregnancy. Any STD, if left untreated, will cause infertility in both men & women. There PLENTY of women that have HPV & have gone on to have lots of healthy children!

GOOD LUCK!

Old 05-13-2004, 12:40 PM   #4

Katttob HB User

Hewww, that makes me feel much better! Thank you 2 so much for that info, I was a little worried there for a minute but I feel much better now, thanks again!!

Old 05-13-2004, 10:52 PM   #5
(female)

beezkneez HB User

Yeah, when I went and had my cone biopsy, my doctor said not to worry about anything and not to think that I have to start having kids right now. I can have them in my own good time. The only thing he said that could possibly happen is that the cone biopsy may scar my cervix and it could make it hard for me to get pregnant or to carry. But that was a very low risk and I am glad to say that I am just as normal now as I was before the surgery. Don't worry about it Katt...you have plenty of time!

Old 05-14-2004, 08:47 AM   #6
Inactive

KimRick HB User

When you have any type of trauma on the cervix, whether it's cryo, biopsies, LEEP, etc., you pose a risk of miscarriage because the cervix may not be competant enough to handle the pressure of a pregnancy, but that will cahnge when your cervix heals, with due time. If one should become pregnant right after any cervical surgery, you OB will insert a cerclage (stitch) in your cervix to ensure a healthy pregnancy. Although, those procedures have nothing to do with whether you will actually concieve or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezkneez
Yeah, when I went and had my cone biopsy, my doctor said not to worry about anything and not to think that I have to start having kids right now. I can have them in my own good time. The only thing he said that could possibly happen is that the cone biopsy may scar my cervix and it could make it hard for me to get pregnant or to carry. But that was a very low risk and I am glad to say that I am just as normal now as I was before the surgery. Don't worry about it Katt...you have plenty of time!

Closed Thread