It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2004, 09:39 AM   #1

ugotkelly HB User
Hpv/mild Dysplasia And Sex

Someone help me please...Last march I tested positive for low and high grade hpv with mild dysplasia when I had an abnornal pap. I have had repeat paps every few months and still mild dysplasia. Had a colposcopy in April.. My last pap was in November, just called today for results..still testing positive for hpv and mild dysplasia. Will I ever be normal again? I have been with a new guy for the last 3 months, problem is I could not tell him about it..I was scared. Could we be passing hpv back and forth, even tho we use condoms? Also, has anyone got rid of hpv? Is there any vitamins to take to assist in getting rid of the virus? Please if you have any advice let me know..I have been worrying about this way too much. No changes in pap, just still mild dysplasia with hpv thank god it has not got any worse. Also, will having sex with someone who is fairly well endowed effect my cervix more and make it take longer to go away? Thank-you in advance for any help.

Old 12-21-2004, 12:08 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cocoeyes HB User
Re: Hpv/mild Dysplasia And Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotkelly
Someone help me please...Last march I tested positive for low and high grade hpv with mild dysplasia when I had an abnornal pap. I have had repeat paps every few months and still mild dysplasia. Had a colposcopy in April.. My last pap was in November, just called today for results..still testing positive for hpv and mild dysplasia. Will I ever be normal again? I have been with a new guy for the last 3 months, problem is I could not tell him about it..I was scared. Could we be passing hpv back and forth, even tho we use condoms? Also, has anyone got rid of hpv? Is there any vitamins to take to assist in getting rid of the virus? Please if you have any advice let me know..I have been worrying about this way too much. No changes in pap, just still mild dysplasia with hpv thank god it has not got any worse. Also, will having sex with someone who is fairly well endowed effect my cervix more and make it take longer to go away? Thank-you in advance for any help.

Your in the same boat I'm in.. I have mild dysplasia and when they do a colop it comes back negative, but the pap's keep showing mild.

How is it that you have high and low grade HPV when your papís are only showing mild? Do you mean you have the low and high-risk of HPV? Meaning low as in wart strain and high as in abnormal pap smear strain?

I think us ladies might have the less aggressive type of HPV strains for mild to be sticking around for a year or so...

People tell me and Iíve read to take a multi-vitamin and also folic acid once a day. Also you cannot pass HPV back and forth to your boyfriend because you both share the same strain. And if you smoke, stop ASAP. Smoking causes your immune system to weaken and speed up the process of dysplasia .

What is your doctor going to do? Is she/he waiting to see if it progress or regress?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2004, 03:09 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

victoria48 HB User

Hi ugotkelly

There is no cure for HPV at the moment so unfortunately, once you have got it, you have it for life. In the news recently though, there have been stories about a vaccination coming onto the market in the next few years, so very shortly, things may change.

As cocoeyes has said, you should now try and live a healthy lifestyle and avoid drinking alcohol and smoking as well as taking a multi vitamin - this will not change your HPV status but it may cause it to lie dormant in your body without causing you any problems. The changes in your cells detected by the pap smear may then return to normal.

Don't worry too much about your condition as at the stage you are at, you are in no danger and as long as you continue having your regular paps, your condition will not have time to worsen too badly without being detected.

Old 12-21-2004, 07:07 PM   #4
(female)

healthnut76 HB User

i don't know if it was helping but i was taking grapefruit seed extract and my hpv dna test came back negative when it was originally positive so who knows

Old 12-21-2004, 09:42 PM   #5
(female)

beezkneez HB User

Well, what it sounds like is your doctor is waiting for your body to suppress the virus since you have mild dysplasia. Your not abnormal. There are plenty of us out here that can tell you that there is life after HPV. I think that you should tell him that you have HPV, because he as your sexual partener has the right to know. However, since you have cervical HPV and you are using condoms, he does not have to worry about getting it and you do not have to worry about passing it back and forth. You cannot be reinfected with the same strain of HPV. HPV will never go away because it is a virus but like I said earlier, your body will suppress it and keep it dormant. You could have a reoccurance though later and another outbreak. You can also have more than one strain of HPV. There are over a hundred different strands. Having sex....no matter how large he is will not affect your cervix or HPV. Your cervix moves up out of the way during sex anyways. As for vitamins, you can take folic acid and vitamin c to help your body suppress it. If you have any other questions please ask......

Old 12-21-2004, 11:24 PM   #6

ugotkelly HB User

Thank-you all so much for your advice. Yes, I have low and high risk strains of hpv. Not sure what my doctor is going to do. Mentioned another pap in 3-4 months and if still comes back abnormal then she wants to do another colposcopy, which of course im not looking forward to. I dont smoke, but I do drink occasionally. I try to take centrum multi-vitamin frequently, although i tend to forget sometimes. Have any of you heard of beta-mannan? I seen it on the web, but I didnt know how safe it is , or if it is a rip off lol..thanks again

Old 12-26-2004, 10:47 PM   #7
(female)

beezkneez HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotkelly
I dont smoke, but I do drink occasionally. I try to take centrum multi-vitamin frequently, although i tend to forget sometimes. Have any of you heard of beta-mannan? I seen it on the web, but I didnt know how safe it is , or if it is a rip off lol..thanks again

A multi vitamin is good but also take folic acid so your body gets plenty of it to boost your immune system. It's great you don't smoke, don't drink all the time. Every once in a while won't hurt. If you saw beta-mannan on the net for HPV specifically then it's probly a rip off. Most of them are, but there isn't anything that says that it does work either. Ask your doctor about it and ask about having cryo or another form of removal. It's been a while and I am looking twards your safety since you have a high risk. Ask questions and keep up going for your checkups. You'll appreciate it in the end as bad as it is now.

Best Wishes.....~Beez~

Closed Thread