It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2005, 04:29 PM   #1
(male)

PleasePleaseNo HB User
Unhappy MY SITUATION: HPV? Please PLEASE Read!

Hi,I am a 19-year-old male,

Prior to 2 months ago, I did not have any bumps inside my anus. About 2 months ago, I FELT a small skin-tag-like bump 1.5 inches INSIDE my anus. I put my finger up there 10 days ago, and now feel at least 3 small skin-tag like bumps. Prior to shoving a finger up there (10 days ago), I had no discomfort. Now, I have mild semi-itchy discomfort (the kind that you feel if you do not wipe your rear well).

I have no anal discharge. Other than the non-visable (possibly itchy) bumps that I can feel INSIDE MY ANUS, I don't have any bumps anywhere else.

-No human being has ever been in any kind of contact with my anus.
-Prior to developing the first bump in my anus, I had been having protected sex with the same girl for over year, and she is definitly STD free.
-I am the only person who has ever occasionally put my fingers in my anus (and that was while i was alone in the privacy of my home and after washing my hands thuroughly.)

The only way that I could imagine this being an STD (anal warts or herpes) is this:
2 weeks prior to developing the first bump, I experimented with an anal sex toy that I purchased at a sex shop. After using the toy for two days in a row, I discovered that the tamper-seal on the bottle of lubricant that came with the toy was broken. I asked myself, if someone removed the tamper-seal on the bottle of lube, then what did they do with this toy!?? Like all sex shops, the store had a no-return policy, so I can bet that someone did not take it home and bring it back, but maybe some sicko used it before it was even delivered to the shop.

1. Is it possible that I contracted some kind of STD from a toy that I bought from the shop, and cleaned with anti-bacterial soap prior to using??? Do the HPV and herpes virus have that kind of longevity to survive on a toy sitting in a shop?
2. Could a girl have given it to me over a year ago and it is somehow now showing up inside my anus? Can genital warts manifest themselves in places where there was no touching or skin-to-skin contact?
3. Is there any other way that these bumps could be explained?

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS! I NEED YOUR COLLECTIvE HELP!

Last edited by PleasePleaseNo; 03-23-2005 at 04:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2005, 11:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User
Re: MY SITUATION: HPV? Please PLEASE Read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasePleaseNo
1. Is it possible that I contracted some kind of STD from a toy that I bought from the shop, and cleaned with anti-bacterial soap prior to using??? Do the HPV and herpes virus have that kind of longevity to survive on a toy sitting in a shop?
2. Could a girl have given it to me over a year ago and it is somehow now showing up inside my anus? Can genital warts manifest themselves in places where there was no touching or skin-to-skin contact?
3. Is there any other way that these bumps could be explained?
1) No. The chance of contracting an STI in this manner is pretty much zero. The viruses and bacteria responsible for STIs generally do not live very long outside of the body. HPV in particular is quite short lived.

2) Yes. HPV can remain dormant in the body for years or even decades without showing any symptoms. Warts can also appear in places where there was no direct contact.

3) Yes. There are a million possibilities as to what this could be. It could be an STI, or it could be skin tags, an anal fissure, hemorrhoids, etc, etc. You should really go to a doc and get this looked at. It could be something serious, or it could be nothing. Only a doctor will be able to tell you for sure.

Good luck.

Old 03-23-2005, 11:35 PM   #3
(male)

PleasePleaseNo HB User
Re: My Situation: HPV? Please Please Read!

This is good to know. Okay then, I can pretty much be sure that the toy has no chance of giving me an STD.

I now understand that warts can appear in areas where there was no direct contact, however, does the same go for herpes???

ALSO, if the bumps inside my anus are warts or herpes, is there anything that I can do to prevent them from spreading to other parts of my body (like the outside of my anus or on my penis), or do warts appear in "random" places?

Last edited by PleasePleaseNo; 03-23-2005 at 11:45 PM.

Closed Thread