It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2005, 06:11 PM   #1
(male)

PleasePleaseNo HB User
HPV Or Herpes From Sex Toy!??

I bought an anal sex toy from a shop. It came in a box, but like all the toys there, there was no seal on the box. I washed the toy (made of "CyberSkin") in antibacterial soap. After that, I proceded to use the toy on two occasions. After using this anal sex toy for the second time, SHOCKER, I noticed that the tamper-seal on the bottle of lubricant (that came with the toy) had been broken, and I was never the one who removed the tamper seal. If someone had used this toy in the past, is it possible that it has given me HPV or herpes??? I am asking because I have recently developed 3 little bumps about 1.5 inches INSIDE of my anus. No human being has ever been near my anus. Did the toy cause this!!?? Could it be something other than HPV or herpes!!??

My full original question can be read here:
[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=266513[/url]

Last edited by PleasePleaseNo; 03-23-2005 at 06:12 PM.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:28 PM   #2
(female)

ladivapr00 HB User
Re: HPV Or Herpes From Sex Toy!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasePleaseNo
I bought an anal sex toy from a shop. It came in a box, but like all the toys there, there was no seal on the box. I washed the toy (made of "CyberSkin") in antibacterial soap. After that, I proceded to use the toy on two occasions. After using this anal sex toy for the second time, SHOCKER, I noticed that the tamper-seal on the bottle of lubricant (that came with the toy) had been broken, and I was never the one who removed the tamper seal. If someone had used this toy in the past, is it possible that it has given me HPV or herpes??? I am asking because I have recently developed 3 little bumps about 1.5 inches INSIDE of my anus. No human being has ever been near my anus. Did the toy cause this!!?? Could it be something other than HPV or herpes!!??

My full original question can be read here:
[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=266513[/url]
i don't think you are in danger because you did washed the toy in antibacterial soap. The tamper seal of the lubricant broken don't think will give you anything since its just a lubricant. The bumps in your anus should be from the toy use in my opinion. Just keep checking things out if it continues go to your doctor. This are my .2 cents. I'm a microbiologist

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2005, 08:51 PM   #3
(male)

PleasePleaseNo HB User

I would have totally agreed with you a month ago, when I felt 1 bump after using the toy. Unfortunatly, a month has passed since then, and the 1 bump has turned into 3 bumps. I'm gonna get it checked out by a gastroenterologist. I am still hoping that these bumps are a normal body thing. However, if they are not normal, and the toy is not the cause, is it possible that I contracted either of these STDs from a girl during vaginal sex and the symptoms are somehow showing up in my anus???

Last edited by PleasePleaseNo; 03-23-2005 at 08:53 PM.

Old 03-23-2005, 09:39 PM   #4
(male)

Makaveli01 HB User

I think you may have developed hemmoroids due to the friction of the toy and your anus. But since you got 3 more bumps, then Im not sure. Its prolly not a bacterial infection but rather a viral one. HPV can be transmitted that way, although some ppl dont seem to think so there is a lot of technical research that supports this. Just ask and I ll point you in the right direction. I would have thought that water would have cleaned it, but maybe not, it probably was not sterile. But then again, who knows it could be something else, only a doctor can properly diagnose you.

I would definitely take some legal action if this is the case.

Good luck

Old 03-23-2005, 10:35 PM   #5
(male)

PleasePleaseNo HB User

I would appreciate it if you could point me in the direction of some research regarding this. I've been doing some Googling myself, and I see what you mean. NOBODY FREAKIN' AGREES ABOUT HOW LONG THESE VIRUSES CAN SURVIVE OUTSIDE OF THE HUMAN BODY. Some suggest seconds, some suggest minutes, some say 4 hours, some say 8 hours, and it gets more nuts from there.

Please offer opinions: even if somebody did use this toy that I bought, how likely is it that the HPV or herpes virus survived on this toy as it sat in a box in the store???

I am really trying to keep my spirits up until my appointment with the doctor.

Last edited by PleasePleaseNo; 03-23-2005 at 10:53 PM.

Old 03-24-2005, 08:51 AM   #6
(male)

Makaveli01 HB User

It can survive more than that. I read research where they found HPV DNA on the counters and toilets and faucets of bathrooms of STD clinics. So it certainly can live , from what I understand, I'll see if I can post it later on. Its from Medline a place where research articles are posted, but be aware if you dont have a strong stomach, i wouldnt go diving into things, especially if you do not have an understanding of medical information, sometimes it can be misleading.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:32 PM   #7
(male)

GhostAston HB User

HPV is transmitted from skin to skin contact only. Even though the virus itself may survive outside the body, it's not in enough quantities to transmit. The only time a sex toy should be a concern for STI transmission should be when an infected partner has just finished using it and you immediately insert the toy into your anus.

So basically, unless someone was using it immediately before you and you took it from them and immediately used it on yourself, don't be worried. You will be fine.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:23 PM   #8
(female)

ladivapr00 HB User

agree with ghostaston and btw I think if you are checking for STD the gynecologist is where you have to go, not a gastro doctor.

Closed Thread