It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2005, 11:55 AM   #1

tysmom1122 HB User
My 22 yr old sister has HPV with CIN III in (see inside).Very nervous please help....

8'oclock and 4'oclock in the cervix. At the 12 o'clock there is CIN II with endcervical ?? forget the word right now. She is afraid she will never have children, I think her boyfriend is cheating how else would she get this??? She is monogomous only had 2 partners, this is her 2nd and she has been with him for 5 years. Her paps were normal up until about 2 yrs ago now. What is your opinions on this?? She is going to break up with him because she said her stomach is telling her it is from him cheating. Any help is appreciated. Thanks !! Very Sad Sister

Old 03-24-2005, 12:28 PM   #2
(female)

Kate777 HB User
Re: My 22 yr old sister has HPV with CIN III in (see inside).Very nervous please help....

Hi there, I have CIN 2 and HPV. I'm having the laser procedure next week. I was told that I could have had HPV for 10 years & it's just now showing up. Her boyfriend could have gotten it years ago, and just happened to pass it to her, or she could have gotten it from her 1st partner & it just didn't show up until now. If he is cheating, she should break up with him, but the HPV does not prove that he is one way or another. Is your sister having LEEP or laser?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2005, 01:40 PM   #3

tysmom1122 HB User
Re: My 22 yr old sister has HPV with CIN III in (see inside).Very nervous please help....

She is having LEEP in 2 weeks. They are so young I just cant imagine him having it before her. They have been together since he is 15. It is just so sad. She is so scared. Wants children eventually now with removing part of the cervix lowers those chances too. Thanks for your help

Old 03-24-2005, 01:43 PM   #4

lobo1977 HB User

leep just takes a very very thin layer off- not a whole 'part' of the cervix, and there is a very low chance of anything bad happening w/ pregnancy from just 1 leep. just make sure she gets it done by a gyn/oncologist who is experienced and specialized.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:54 PM   #5
(female)

ElenaK HB User
Re: My 22 yr old sister has HPV with CIN III in (see inside).Very nervous please help

Besides, at her age HPV is highly likely to regress. She will have to monitor her gynecological health closely from now on, but it would take an avalanche of worst-case scenarios to prevent her from having children. You will remember these boards and smile in the not so remote future, when you are surrounded by screaming nephews and nieces...

Be strong, your sister will need you. I was shocked to find out about HPV - and I am almost twice your sister's age - but now I know that 1) very many people have it, and 2) it is nothing to be ashamed of! Be glad that you caught the dysplasia at an EARLY stage, when it is treatable.

If your sis is a smoker, she needs to quit. Encourage her to take care of herself, eat healthy and exercise.

God bless!

Last edited by ElenaK; 03-24-2005 at 03:01 PM.

Old 03-24-2005, 09:42 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Justawondering HB User

Tell her to take daily vitamins and not to stress..... As far as the boyfriend goes she cant really determine where or who she got HPV from a lot of people have children while having HPV from what ive heard worst case scenarios come USUALLy when the women dont keep up with apppointments and take care of themselves.... Going back to the boyfriend he needs to help the situation and if hes only making it worse and cheating in the process then she dosent need him.... ALSO most HPV cases even high risk cases have low reoccurance rates if treated properly and the person exercises and stays healthy so the main thing for you to do is comfort her in her time of need but i promise she is going to be okay keep us posted

Old 03-25-2005, 06:09 AM   #7
(female)

aussie22 HB User
Re: My 22 yr old sister has HPV with CIN III in (see inside).Very nervous please help

70% of sexually active adults have some form of HPV. Males carry the cancer-prone strain "invisibly", that is, there is no physical manifestation of it (they don't have a cervix that can go dysplastic).

HPV can be contracted by skin-to-skin contact, so condoms won't necessarily avoid transmission.

Also, HPV can lie dormant for up to 10 years. Some people actually never have any untoward symptoms in their lifetimes even when the virus is present.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

When I first found out about HPV, I was pretty ****** off. I thought that this was the age of sexual liberation for young women and that armed with a condom, I could basically do whatever I want, but sadly that was not the case. As young ladies we should *all* have been told this.

I am also 22 years old and was diagnosed with CIN II. I had my LEEP in early February and am scheduled for my follow-up in May.

Instead of warning us about STDs like chlamydia and gonorrhea (which are easily treated with antibiotics) they should warn us about HPV, because men won't observe any symptoms, condoms don't necessarily protect against it, and it can lead to cancer and requires SURGERY as treatment. That's a much scarier prospect than popping a few antibiotic pills.

Closed Thread