It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #1

NeyaJones HB User
Red face Help!! possible HPV

I posted before about thinking I may have an STD I would have gotten from kissing another person. The person that I have kissed before has red bumps in his throat. Is it possible to get HPV in your mouth? If so since they say there is no cure for it, how would you go about getting rid of it because it just seems as thought it will just prgressivly close off the passage? I dont understand because if there in no cure how does someone funcution?? I have no idea what to do about this.

Old 04-07-2005, 09:07 PM   #2
(female)

angel_of_faith HB User
Re: Help!! possible HPV

It's definatally possible to get HPV in your throat but it's very unlikely...besides...contracting HPV includes skin to skin contact and there is no way u are going to have skin to skin contact from kissing if it is in this throat...just my opinion though...Hope it helps...Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2005, 04:07 AM   #3
(male)

GhostAston HB User

The only time someone would have warts from HPV in their mouth would be if they were severely immune depressed (advanced HIV, autoimmune disorder, etc). Even under those circumstances, oral warts are extremely rare. angel_of_faith is correct, contracting HPV requires skin to skin contact which wouldn't happen in your case.

It sounds like you have some concerns over STI's in general. It's good to be cautious, but to be informed is even better. Check out the Medical Info in the Health Center section of this site. It's a great resource and gives great information on STI prevention.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:21 AM   #4
(female)

IkNoWnOtHiNg HB User

What would it look like if someone had HPV in their throat though? I think thats the question that people need to ask.

Closed Thread