It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2005, 11:07 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User
Just self diagnosed HPV, going to doc...what does it entail?

Being in a human sexuality class I have learned a lot about STD;s and such and realized that I may have one. HPV was the one that came to mind since it is now so common and easy to contract(plus I have tested for all others). I dont know why all of a sudden I got a deceant sized flare up on the back of my penis..maybe stress related? Anyways their is a cluster thier and after looking at some pics of it I know it is it. I am going make an appointment tommrow to get treatment started. This really could not happen at a worse time..finals at school and also receantly started to see an amazing girl and this has been a huge blow. I am now scared to even talk to this girl...I really just wanna stop seeing her until I get all of this taken care off(not feeling myself) Anyways what does the treament entail for a male? How long does it take? How much does it cost? What can I expect? Can I protect others with the use of condoms after I get the warts off? Sorry that I have so many questions but this has just all hit me and I am really freaked out right now.
IN all actuality if this is the only thing I get I guess I should feel lucky(did a dumb thing last summer) I have tested for everything else besides HPV and herpes. Well anyways wish me luck and thanks in advance for the replies.

Old 04-19-2005, 03:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User
Re: Just self diagnosed HPV, going to doc...what does it entail?

Good questions...but wait until the doctor confirms it (might be something else..maybe nothing). Would be nice. Well the doctor (usually a dermatologist (for guys) will put vinegar on the warts (to see if they turn white) to confirm the diagnosis. They use plan old white vinegar. Then they have a solution which they put on the warts that will essentially freeze them off. Once you have HPV, you do have it for life (it is a virus). You may be able to pass it on to others (even if no warts are present). There are approxiamately (50+) kinds of genital warts (not all the kinds present with visible warts). So you never really know who has it. The condom can add some protection against the virus but it isn't fullproof. If, this relationship is meaningful, you MUST tell her before you engage in sexual activity (any genital, skin/to skin contact). It may freak her out but perhaps if you choose to pursue this relationship you could print her out some info on the statistics since it is quite possible she could have it herself and not know. I APPLAUD you for being proactive in your sexual health. Good luck..hope this helps and let me know how you make out!!!!!
Bella

Last edited by tattoogirl; 04-19-2005 at 03:39 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2005, 08:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User
Re: Just self diagnosed HPV, going to doc...what does it entail?

Thanks, I gotta wait till next wendesday to find out...I am quite certain it is it though...it is kidna wierd because they really do blend in with the skin and I think I may have notved it before but looked passed it because they looked like they belong(lol) Anyways It sucks...I have so many girls that want me right now and I feel liek an idiot for being so stupid last summer...I really have change my ways since then..only been with one girl since then and used protection every time. I just hope this is all it is because at least it is something that is not threating to your health. Ok bye bye

Closed Thread