It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2005, 10:37 AM   #1
(female)

Heavensent102 HB User
HPV... or just herpes?

Hey everyone
well I have genital HSV 1, and have never had an outbreak other then the first.... recently i have noticed a little bump down there, its pretty small flesh coloured... I was wondering if this could be HPV.... they say the warts can vary from colourless to whitish couliflower like.... Im not sure really what they look like, but from the pictures ive seen they look nothing like the little bump that I have. I was thinking that maybe it was a little herpes outbreak.. but its weird because Ive never had one befor. I read about how comon HPV is but it doesnt ease any stress that I have because og this. I got HSV the first time I received oral sex, and now I might have HPV from a man that raped me...talk about really bad luck Anyways any advice would be really appreciated... please let me know what you think this might be... it would help me out A LOT!

Oh and another thing, I have HSV 1 genitaly, now ifg I ever wanted to have sex with anyone in the future, Ive read that it is not nearly as contaigious as HSV 2... but I would like to take all the necesary precautions to protect my partner..... Anything that has worked for anyone???? maybe use rubbing alcohol before? or anything... anwyays thanx guys... its nice to know that some people take the time and care... xoxox

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2005, 12:08 AM   #2

unlucky_guy HB User
Re: HPV... or just herpes?

Have you been tested for HPV? You should consider it.

As far as the bump goes, I would keep an eye on it for a little while. If it clears up after a week or so, then it is a herpes outbreak. If doesn't clear up within a week or so, then it is a genital wart (HPV). Genital warts do not go away on their own...they require medical treatment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
(female)

Heavensent102 HB User
Re: HPV... or just herpes?

Im so scared.... this may sound gross but I picked at it, and now it is red.its not so much a bump just kinda red, and a little tiny bump. I am going to make an appt but i can only get in in 2 weeks. Im scared... can anyone give me any advice, or if they had one what there first one looked like? Thank you so much guys, Im so stressed out over this.. and it could be nothing...:S:S but with my luck it probably is something.

Closed Thread