It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2005, 08:24 PM   #1
(female)

ep2004 HB User
oral HPV

I was recently diagnosed with genital warts/HPV. I tried Aldara, and had horrible side effects. I then had acid dropped on them, but my doctor decided that some were too far inside of me (about 2/3 of an inch) to be treated with the acid and has now signed me up for laser surgery. Every time I think about my upcoming surgery, I get sick to my stomach. I recently noticed warts in my throat too, and every time I get stressed out, more show up in my mouth. I'm so scared and I am wondering about the kind of treatment for the throat warts. They are actually down in my throat and on the back of my tongue. I haven't been able to talk to my doctor about this just yet, because it is the weekend. Can my gyno treat both my oral and genital warts with the laser or am I going to have to get an E/N/T doctor too? I have not ever been this scared in my entire life and am freaked out about treatment of the oral warts. Also I noticed that many people have posted that oral warts are very very rare, but I'm here to say that it happens. If anyone has any information I would appreciate it a lot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2005, 07:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User
Re: oral HPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep2004
many people have posted that oral warts are very very rare, but I'm here to say that it happens.
Oral warts are very rare. Are you sure that is what they are? Has a doctor/dentist told you that is what they are? Usually oral warts only appear in people with compromised immune systems, such as from HIV infection or long-term steroid use. If you do have oral warts, you should try to figure out what is abnormal about your immune system.

I understand that it is incredibly upsetting and scary to be told that you have an incurable STD. But this really isn't a big deal. The visible warts are much more of an annoyance than a real health threat. Many people even choose to not have theirs removed. I am sure that once you talk with your doc and get some more info, you will start to feel better.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread