It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2005, 05:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User
Newly diagnosed HPV help plz..some questions.

Hello 2 weeks back was diagnosed with the HPV...have warts on back of penis...not too happy about it but I knew I had it b4 I went in. Anyways I tested neg for HIV, Gon, Chly, Syph and Hep C...so I am very happy about that. Anyways for those of you that have done treatment I need some help. I have done one treatment at the clinic all ready with some acid stuff and it helped a little bit. But now I got a persc for aldvera I think it is called..cost bout 200.00 but is the only thing I can use right now because I am working about 60 hrs a week and cannot get into a clinic. Anyways was wondering if there was any alterantive methodes...generic stuff...whatever if I need to continue treatment which I hope to god not. I feel like such a re for getting this but I am able to face the consequences...I am glad that it is completely benign(for males) and that they are coming out with a vaccine in the future so that if I want kids I can not pass it on. Well anyways all your replies would be great thanks.

Last edited by Mr.G; 05-04-2005 at 05:35 PM.

Old 05-05-2005, 08:43 AM   #2
(female)

angel_of_faith HB User
Re: Newly diagnosed HPV help plz..some questions.

I have went through 2 treatments of the acid (TCA) and mine are pretty much gone...that i can see and feel. That is good that your results were negative for the other stuff...atleast you only have something minor...it could be worse and you have HIV ya know? Warts are pests...they sometimes come back and sometimes they don't...it's hard to tell if they will come back...there is nothing over the counter for wart treatments and it's wise not to use anything that is over the counter...just take vitamins with Zinc in it because Zinc is an immune booter and that is what kind of disease this is...So just keep healthy and keep up on your treatments and your appointments and everything will be alright...hope this helped and sorry you got diagnosed with HPV but it's not the end of the world and they will hopefully soon be rid of for you...Good Luck and stay healthy and strong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2005, 06:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User
Re: Newly diagnosed HPV help plz..some questions.

Yah I had one treatment of TCA and it helped but still not completey gone...so I got this stuff that the doc recommended since I wont be able to come in...it is a perscription. Well thanks and just curious to how it has effected your dating scene?

Closed Thread