It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2005, 01:23 PM   #1
(female)

concered22 HB User
Question about HPV

I found out in Nov 2004 that I was positive for high risk HPV. I know that I did not get the HPV from my fiance but he may have gotten it from me. My question is that if my fiance has contracted the HPV from me then after my LEEP and cyro can he give me back the same strain? I had the LEEP in Dec and went back for my pap in April and then had a colpo and biopsy yesterday. I have read in some different places that you can't get back the same strain can someone please help????

concerned22

Old 05-18-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
(female)

mritta HB User
Re: Question about HPV

Although I am no expert, it is my understanding that you cannot get back the same strain. You already have that strain, so your body is used to it. In fact, if your body is able to fight the strand, I have read that is acutally builds up antibodies to that particular strand.

For example, when first diagnosed with HPV, I had a visible wart. That was 3 years ago, and I have not had one since. Although I have not had the HPV DNA test to see what strands I actually have, I would guess that my body has built up antibodies to that particular strand. (Now i just wish it would get over the strand currently causing my abnormal cells!) You can however be introduced to new strands.

Thats what I've been told so far. I hope that helps a little.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2005, 04:02 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

victoria48 HB User

Hi concered

HPV is a virus which lives in your body and can cause abnormalities to the cells of the cervix. The LEEP only removes the abnormal cells, it does not remove the HPV virus.

Your immune syatem will either kill the virus altogether over time or it will live dormant in your body. As you will still have the virus, you do not have to worry about your partner giving it back to you.

Old 05-19-2005, 08:41 AM   #4
(female)

concered22 HB User

Thanks to both of you that makes me feel alot better. My fiance has been really stressed out about it. He thought he might be giving it back to me.

Old 05-22-2005, 02:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

I had the leep 3 years ago to remove HPV from my cervix. I asked my doctor that same question you are asking and he said my husband would not effect it. I really worried about it too. I have had unprotected sex with my husband for 3 years now and all of my pap smears have come back normal. So don't worry about him reinfecting you.

Closed Thread