It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 06:29 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

ethera HB User
once infected, does HPV virus ever 'run its course' and disappear on its own?

Once infected, does HPV virus ever just disappear on its own, like the flu, or the common cold?

Old 05-25-2005, 07:28 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Justawondering HB User
Re: once infected, does HPV virus ever 'run its course' and disappear on its own?

Once you are infected with HPV it dosent technically "go away" but your body fights it off and it can become dormant in your system and not show up on pap smears or anything... I have heard that once you go for so long without an outbreak... it has become inactive... However, some new studies say that it does go away eventually and that you just carry the cells to fight it off.. Sorry if this confuses you it does me too...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 07:58 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

ethera HB User
Re: once infected, does HPV virus ever 'run its course' and disappear on its own?

No, I understand that an infected person can have the virus but not show any symptoms...

...I guess that is where the immune system is suppressing, or "fighting off" the symptoms, as it were.

I just wanted to know if an infected person could ever just naturally rid of the virus, and become become non-contageous.

This just really bothers me; it really affects my outlook and approach to dating and relationships.

It's something I really don't know how to deal with ( except to just stay alone and maybe gratify myself, if only physically, if the 'urge' ever arises ).

Last edited by ethera; 05-25-2005 at 08:09 PM.

Old 05-25-2005, 08:40 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Justawondering HB User

No I guess the virus will always be in your system and you will always have he possibility of spreading it to others.. This dosent mean you have to be alone and give up on dating... Have u read up on the statistics?? 80% of the sexually active population has a form of HPV... Just have to be honest and upfront with people... Good Luck and Keep us Posted

Old 05-26-2005, 06:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethera
Once infected, does HPV virus ever just disappear on its own, like the flu, or the common cold?
That is a good question. There is a lot of debate in the medical community about this. Some say that no, once you are infected, the virus is always in your system. Even if you don't have any outbreaks, it is still there.

But some new research seems to show that most people are able to clear the infection within one year.

So the answer is, we don't know. It really is a fascinating area of research.

Old 06-17-2005, 08:38 AM   #6
(female)

racsah HB User
Wink Re: once infected, does HPV virus ever 'run its course' and disappear on its own?

from all the research i've done, (and i've done alot, trust me ) i've come to find out that, once you have the hpv virus, it'll never go away, warts however can disappear on their own, or you can go get them removed. aldara is a form of cream you can use yourself on the warts, without having to seek treatment from a doctor. yes the warts can become dormant, and not come out, but it's not 100% sure that they'll never come out. there's always that possibility. hope this helps..

Old 06-17-2005, 12:50 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by racsah
aldara is a form of cream you can use yourself on the warts, without having to seek treatment from a doctor.
Depends on what you mean by "treatment." Aldara is prescription only, so you do need to see a doc to get it.

Closed Thread