It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2005, 11:45 PM   #1
(male)

lodoka HB User
HPV in Throat ? How can that be ?

After a sexual encounter that happen nearly two years ago, I still am suffering from so many symptomes that I should not be..such as CFIDS, and reactivation of virus.

anyways, 6 months down the road I saw a small pink type of pimple and bump that would get pink, show it to my doc and he says its normal, well its not because I never had it... It seems like HPV.

This week, when I was chewing something and eating, I would feel something back of my throat... When I took a sneak at my throat, I am seeing

White small pimple type on the left hand side back of my mouth. Its on the left hand side of the thing thats been held down, I guess tonsils ???

when I swollow or eat, I can feel that hit and it annoys me...

What else can this be ? Its raise, pimple white type... I got a feeling that its HPV.

Does anyone else have this ?

How can I get HPV in throat ?

I am lost, I am seening my doc on thursday.

Bens

Old 06-14-2005, 02:45 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sparkleflower HB User
Re: HPV in Throat ? How can that be ?

It's definitely not HPV. While it's possible to get HPV orally, it's VERY rare, and only occurs when you're otherwise immuncompromised. And if the doctor told you it wasn't HPV, that only makes it even more unlikely :-)

That white spot is probably an infection in your tonsil.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2005, 08:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodoka
After a sexual encounter that happen nearly two years ago, I still am suffering from so many symptomes that I should not be..such as CFIDS, and reactivation of virus.
What virus? Are you HIV positive, is that what you are talking about? Although there are many mysteries associated with chronic fatigue, it is not thought to be sexually transmitted. I think any symptoms/problems you are experiencing are probably not related to sexual activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodoka
anyways, 6 months down the road I saw a small pink type of pimple and bump that would get pink, show it to my doc and he says its normal, well its not because I never had it... It seems like HPV.
If your doc told you it is normal, why are you still concerned? Do you not trust him for some reason? If so, why not start seeing a different doctor, someone you have more faith in?

Just because a bump or spot appears on your genitals after sexual activity does not mean the two are related. If a pimple had appeared on your face after sex would you think that was related? We all get various bumps, spots, skin tags, and other "abnormal" things on our genitals (and the rest of the body) from time to time, just part of being human.

Old 06-14-2005, 01:12 PM   #4
(male)

sentry HB User

Hi,

I've had small white particles in the back of my throat and sides before.
I would cough them up occassionally, they are like mini hard snots. If you squeeze them they smell like bad breathe. My doctor had said that it was nothing to be concerned about. It's just bacteria from the air like creating snots.
I used to get them a lot when I smoked or in heavily polluted environments or cycling a lot through traffic.

Closed Thread