It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 03:44 PM   #1
(male)

heels04 HB User
HPV paranoia

Hey, I recently noticed two relatively small warts in the anal area. Well I had initially mistaken them for hemorrhoids, but after an appointment with the doctor, I was informed that they were warts. Well upon doing further research, this has REALLY gotten me freaked out. I don't know what to do to get rid of them. I've read about certain prescriptions, but they're much too expensive plus I'm afraid of the side-effects. The discovery of these two warts has all kinds of thoughts running through my head...HIV (although I've been protected each of the 4 times)...how this affects my ability to have children one day...transmitting it to potential future partners...whether these two warts will go away or not. It just stays in the back of my head and I'm struggling to find peace of mind about the issue. Is there ANYTHING at all that can be done? Is the simultaneous transimission of HPV and HIV common? What is the transmission rate? This has gotten me very nervous and panicked about my future and my future with a potential partner. Help! Anyone...

Old 07-09-2005, 04:59 PM   #2
(female)

irismura HB User
Re: HPV paranoia

hello, i can't answer your questions about HIV. however, i can share with you my experience in treating an anal wart (and a few other genital warts). as far as i know, genital warts will not just go away on their own, you have to do something to get rid of them. i went to the doctor to verify that mine were garden variety genital warts (i had already diagnosed myself thru reading tons of info on the 'net). the doc said the options for getting rid of them were cryotherapy (i.e., liquid nitrogen), laser removal, or a prescription cream like aldara. he said cryo was the one thing he could do for me then and there, so i said okay. (i've heard the cream is expensive, even with insurance, and that it burns! and i didn't want to have to make an appt with another doctor i don't know and have to lie spread eagle while a complete stranger lasered the warts on my vulva & anus.)

anyway, my doctor sprayed my warts (about half a dozen in all) with the liquid nitrogen. it stung a little bit, but was not overly painful. when he sprayed the one on my anus (plus a skin tag he said i had there--i never knew!), it was a very....interesting sensation. let's just say i've never felt that kind of cold air spray right on my ***, LOL. this was about a week and a half ago, and the warts are slowly getting smaller.

i'm surprised your doc didn't talk about how to treat the wart. did he say nothing?

just keep reading this board & other info you can find, to get a grip on this. according to the CDC (a good source of info), it seems that many people's HPV infection seems to resolve after a couple years.

good luck to you!
--iris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread