It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2005, 11:11 AM   #1
(female)

jengirl HB User
hpv questions... really would like the help

well i have a few questions about hpv. because i think i have it. i have small bumps in and a couple around my vagina. specially to people that have already been diagnosed, id really like to hear what you know.

1-whats the different between hpv and herpes? ...if there is one

2-how do you get it? because ive never had sex. however i did receive and give oral with 2 different guys. (both virgins) im still with one.

3-how is it treated? most effective, cheap, painul?

4-how will having had it affect me in the future. will i pass it to my partners or kids once its treated?

please help im a teen and im in a panic. and i cant talk to anyone else about this. so, im vent to people on this site. thank you.

Old 07-11-2005, 11:25 PM   #2
(male)

luckyordead HB User
Exclamation Re: hpv questions... really would like the help

i cant help much especially sience im going through problems of my own but ill say what i can hpv is warts and herpes is tottaly diffrent two totally different diseases herpes hurt and have outbreak dates warts dont really bug you too much but may itch and look like cauliflour like things,. if its warts and you get it treated yes it can sstill be past but have partner wear a condom and reduce rissk greatly also about the kid thing they now have lazy surgey to help stop kids from std infected parents from getting the genetic diseases such as warts this is really all i can tell you and all i know so far.
i hope you work this and try to find it in you to get help from a real person
im glad i could be here for you now i pray someone helps me too.
goodluck and i hope you have a good life.
warning-if it is warts if you even think dont let anyone use towels, clothing unless clleanes, etc.. from you and dont pop them or try to cure them yourself youll just make it worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2005, 12:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User
Re: hpv questions... really would like the help

Have you tried checking out this site's health center? Click on the tab at the top of the page that says health guide.

I think you will be able to get a lot of your questions answered there. Post again if you have more, and we will try to help you out!

Good luck.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:56 PM   #4
(female)

jengirl HB User

i checked it out and ive visited alot of websites about it too. i would just like to talk to people whom have had a personal experience with it, or know alot about it. i want feedback!

Old 07-16-2005, 09:33 AM   #5
(female)

lulubluewatertt HB User

Jengirl, I totally understand how you feel. I am recently diagnosed with HPV and CIN1 at the same time, but I don't have warts. It's a extremely hard process for both me and my partner. And I am so worried. My partner went to have a HPV test as well, but it turned out to be negative. We have been together for a year. So, I wonder if he actually has it, but it is just undetectable. (is it possible?) So now we always use condoms, and remind each other to have healthier life style as that will boost our immune system. Hopefully, our immune system will clear up the virus after 2 years or so. We try to think positively and believe that it will go away. The reason why I come to this message board is also because I want to find support from other people who also have the same experience.

Old 07-17-2005, 03:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubluewatertt
My partner went to have a HPV test as well, but it turned out to be negative. We have been together for a year. So, I wonder if he actually has it, but it is just undetectable. (is it possible?)
What type of test did your partner have? In general men cannot be tested unless there is an active sore (a visible wart).

It is quite possible that your partner is infected but had a negative test. In fact, it is even likely. The good news is that HPV causes few, if any, problems for men.

Good luck.

Old 07-18-2005, 07:03 AM   #7
(female)

alliekat HB User

the biggest difference between herpes and warts (i have both) is that an open herpes sore HURTS warts don't. warts are just ... spots. annoying, and i hate them, but they don't hurt.

Old 07-31-2005, 10:51 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User

also herpes is for life...your body builds immunity to teh HPV virus.

Old 08-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #9
(female)

jengirl HB User

well i got tested and im hpv free! i was parimoid over nothing. thanks for all the posts though.

Closed Thread