It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2005, 09:32 PM   #1
(male)

fallen02 HB User
What's best (HPV)?, liq nitrogen then Aldara, or vise versa

Hello world,

what a day, one of the worst so far in all 25 yrs.
I went to the doc about some genital warts that showed up on top of an old cut/rub from vigorous intercourse 6 months ago. (haven't been with anyone since) -
Obviously it was more than just a rub/cutt.

My doc gave me the diagnosis that they are warts (about 12 very very tiny warts in two small clusters in the middle of my penis shaft) - he is
99.9999% sure thats what they are.

The clinic that I went to really wasn't that professional/organized. He said nothing about freezing the two small clusters with liquid nitrogen - and quickly prescribed me with Aldara. The posts that I have read have got me scared to death of this Aldara. I have read far more negatives than positives.

question:---should I make an appointment with the dermatologist and push for a liquid nitrogen treatment first-- then aldara.

or use the aldara, then if it doesn't work, go for the liquid nitrogen.
I really am scared to death of any type of scarring on my penis or any type of blisters/inflammation to show up.

From reading up on this disease, I am finding that liquid nitrogen first then aldara is a good combo. -- but both at the same time seems like it would
be super harsh on the skin.
My warts are so small. The quicker I can get rid of them - the better(of course).
The aldara creme might be enough (with no liquid nitrogen). I am so confused. Please give me some suggestions!

Please let me know what treatments/what order has worked the best for you?
Thank you so much for any reply's. I really am hurting inside right now. I am so confused, I really want to do the right thing. - the best solution.
How could this happen to me?

Last edited by fallen02; 07-19-2005 at 09:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2005, 12:43 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

ethera HB User
Re: What's best (HPV)?, liq nitrogen then Aldara, or vise versa

I got warts about 10 years ago. At the time, I had 3 or 4 small-but visible, raised, pink cauliflower-like warts removed.

It was done at a clinic; they swabbed podophyllin (?) on them, and they went away.

However, since then, in their place, are a few scattered, smaller warts in their place.

They have appeared on the mid to upper shaft area of the penis.

they are smaller, light-ish colored, and less raised, i.e. nearer to the skin surface.

Among the few more scattered warts is a very small patch, sort of clustered together.

I've already been to a couple of doctors who acted like they were nothing but I don't think they got a good look at them ( because I think they were expecting to see bigger, pink colored warts ).

I too am concerned about Aldara. I'd like to try getting them lasered ( if they do that ).

Old 07-26-2005, 06:03 PM   #3
(female)

irismura HB User

hi, three weeks ago i had liquid nitrogen applied to my warts. they have definitely gotten smaller but have yet to completely disappear. i had read that aldara can burn your skin & be painful. the liquid nitrogen stung a little while the doc was spraying it, but didn't bother me at all afterward. i need to visit the doc for a followup; if i have to live through one more liquid nitrogen session, that'll be fine by me.

good luck.
--iris

Old 07-27-2005, 07:04 AM   #4
(male)

fallen02 HB User

thanks for the reply,

After reading probably every post on this website, I put the aldara in my closet and went to a derm on Monday for liquid nitrogen. My warts are so small, but there is about 15. I originally had two small ones, picked at them (thought they were something else) they bled, and then spread into about 15. The dodctor was sort of skeptical about spraying the liquid because of how small they are. He sprayed them on Monday-today is Wednesday. I am very nervous about how this is going to turn out. You can def answer some questions being that you are further down the path than me.
After he sprayed, they look horrible! The base of all 15 of them are black and blue. I will have a nervous breakdown if this doesn't go away (looks really bad) Did yours do this and how long before your skin around the warts looked back to normal? He was really confident that they are going to go away. (with only one treatment)
So none of yours have fallen off? Is that what they are supposed to do OR are they supposed to wither away with numerous treatments? The skin of the penis is very sensitive. With numerous treatments I am scared that I will have scaring. (my worst fear)

After 3 weeks, do you have any scaring - or see potential for scaring? What do they look like now?
Thanks

Old 07-27-2005, 07:46 PM   #5
(female)

irismura HB User

fallen02, did i mention that i'm a woman? meaning, my warts are kinda difficult for ME to see, LOL. i can feel them, tho. all i can say is that in three weeks, my warts have definitely gotten smaller, altho i wish by now they were completely gone. my doc said my warts would not fall off so much as fade away, so i'm trying to be patient. i want to go for a followup (and possible re-treatment) but want to wait for another week or two. anyway, i can't imagine that you won't get back to normal eventually. hang in there and just take care of yourself--try to stay positive and don't worry too much! <hugs>

Closed Thread