It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2005, 01:21 PM   #1

needanswers25 HB User
HPV confusion

I am alittle confused about HPV. My girlfriend has had abnormal pap smears for the last 2 years and recently the doctor did further testing and told her she has palups(sp?). Now she did not say anything to my about having HPV or that what she has is sexually transmitted or anything. However recently I noticed dots on the base of my penis, shaft, and head that I am begining to think are warts. Is it possible if she has HPV on her cervix/uterus that I could get HPV in the warts form? Also assuming that are warts on my penis will they go away on their own in time?

Old 07-21-2005, 08:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User
Re: HPV confusion

Yep it is most likely that it is HPV> The thing about the diesease is most people do not know about it. I am not sure if she knew that she had it or not or realized that it is very contagious...that is not for me to decipher. Anyways you should go get check because the quicker you get in for treament the sooner your body will build an immunity to it and become clear of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2005, 09:50 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Justawondering HB User

Yes I would almost guarantee is HPV.... what the doctors told her was Human Papillomavirus Which is the full name of HPV.... and as far as you go.. I would say it is very likely you have the warts and NO they will not go away on their own you need to see a doctor asap.... Hope that helps... GOod Luck

Old 07-21-2005, 10:19 PM   #4
(female)

lorraine521 HB User

yeah most likely it is HPV and even if the bumps go away, doesnt necessarily mean whatever you had went away.HPV lives in your system even if you never get an outbreak.so be smart and get checked!

Old 07-22-2005, 01:32 PM   #5

needanswers25 HB User

I realize the virus never goes away and I know HPV is short for human pap. virus. But doesnt your body build natural immunity to warts and they go away over time? I have had these bumps probably 2 weeks and they are not noticible unless I am in bright lighting or after I have sex they turn red. They are very small so I figure if I just let them go they will go away eventually right? Also can I spread them to other parts of my body by touching them? Or shaving the area can that spread them more down there?

Old 07-22-2005, 05:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by needanswers25
doesnt your body build natural immunity to warts and they go away over time?
You will never be "immune," in that you will not develop a resistance to the virus. Warts will rarely go away on their own, but it can happen, sometimes they keep the same appearance for years, and sometimes they get worse without treatment. It all depends on the person. Most people prefer to have them treated just just to get them to go away faster. Of course, at this point, you are not even sure that they are warts. You might want to get to a doc just to have a definite diagnosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needanswers25
can I spread them to other parts of my body by touching them? Or shaving the area can that spread them more down there?
In general, genital warts will not spread to other (non-genital) parts of the body, such as the hands. They might spread around your genitals, such as to your scrotum or anus. Shaving can make them spread more, but again only around the genitals.

Good luck.

Closed Thread