It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2005, 02:15 PM   #1

NeyaJones HB User
HPV question??kinna graphic

I have posted on here a billion and a half questions about hpv but i dont think i ever asked any relevant ones. I have a question, what does genital warts look like? I'm pretty sure I've got something. I dont need a dr to tell me so, I just wanted to make sure I'm on the right track thinking that its HPV? I have not to be graphic "internal warts"(or so it seems) i can see the bumps and they itch.. i mean is that normal for hpv? I also started bleeding when i first noticed that I had them i dont know if thats normal as well. i mean i read some stuff on it, and commonly ppl comment about what their exterior warts look like but i havent really seen anything about internal(**** walls toward the whole). im almost positive the bleeding is not from my period i've already had that this month. I just was wondering if maybe anyone else had the same experience? anywho ill be greatful for any responces given.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: HPV question??kinna graphic

I think you do need a doctor to tell you.....

whatever it is, it's not normal and needs to be checked

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2005, 12:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

I also suggest that you go to a doctor, because although genital warts can be internal like you describe, I've never personally heard of bleeding associated with genital warts. The warts themselves can bleed if picked at, but that does not sound like what you are describing. I think Gonorrhea and Chlamydia can cause abnormal bleeding, and both of those STD's can have very serious consequence if left untreated. Genital warts that produce the WARTS ONLY and NOT Cervical Dysplasia are not really harmful, just not pleasant to have, but HPV (the virus Genital Warts is caused by) can lead to Cervical cancer, if you have that type of HPV. Apparently, there are many different types of HPV, just like there are different types of the Herpes virus. Definitely go to a doctor. Planned Parenthood or the State Dept. of Health in your region has free or low-cost STD clinics, you can look it up online. Type in a search engine something like, "STD Clinics in (Your location)." The good thing about HPV is that it can become dormant, and your warts can go away on their own. That doesn't always mean that you can't still infect others, but there are treatment options as well as your body's own immune system that may be able to fight it. Good luck.
~Katalina

Old 08-01-2005, 06:53 AM   #4

NeyaJones HB User

well right now im a little confused... i went to the dr and she said she didnt see any internal bumps. i KNOW for a fact i saw them and she swears up and down they arent there. it was huge i mean like it looked like a mountain and the dr says there is nothing there. im happy i guess that she said she didnt see anything but im giong to be doing some more investigating of my own i knooow they were there. is it possible for a wart to appear and go away within 2-3 days? i mean also i still have the irritation and bleeding some. i dont know i guess its another dr visit for me

Old 08-01-2005, 01:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeyaJones
is it possible for a wart to appear and go away within 2-3 days?
Probably not. In general untreated warts stick around for months or longer.

Keep in mind that all vaginas have some bumps and ridges. No one is completely smooth inside. But if you are still having irritation and bleeding, I agree that it is time for another doctor's appointment to find out what is really going on.

Good luck.

Closed Thread