It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2005, 02:05 AM   #1
(male)

Want2BeHealthy HB User
Unhappy HPV Positive & LONELY!

I cant take this anymore. I am so lonely! These dating sites are just not working out. Is anyone else so lonely? I cant ever bring myself to tell anyone. I dont want to be alone for the rest of my life. This is just horrible. I can see a huge depression in my future. Anyone else? So sad

Old 07-31-2005, 08:43 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

ethera HB User
Re: HPV Positive & LONELY!

Yes, I feel like that sometimes. I know it doesn't help, but yes I do feel like that.

I feel like if I felt more attractive than it wouldn't matter as much, and I might even get an opportunity to, and where I'd want to, explain to someone about it.

But even if I did get the opportunity, there's a chance that I might just hold off, and forego any chance of the relationship anyway: classic fear of intimacy I guess.

Still I hope that someday I will find someone. It saddens me to think I should spend my whole young life searching, but it's my hope.

I know I should try to focus on other things in my life, but it's tough when it seems like everyone else feels good about themselves, and are hooking up.

I like myself okay, but there's things about myself that I'd like to do something about to improve ( HPV is one of them, even though it seems like such a blind fight ).

Today is my birthday. I am visiting with my parents today.

Take care

Last edited by ethera; 07-31-2005 at 08:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2005, 08:14 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User

Wow hold on a second. Please try and put this into perspective for a minute. If you take into account that 80% of sexually active people will have HPV at some point in their lives it makes sense that the majority of people that you could end up sleeping with will all ready have it anyway. Do you not think so?

If you get the appropriate treatment for your warts (I assume you have warts if you know you have HPV) there should be no obvious signs that you have them. If the treatment isn't successful first time round you can go back and get it done again.

Of course having HPV isn't ideal, no one wants to have an ongoing sexually transmitted disease, but really it is very common. Anyone who has ever had sex, protected or unprotected, have put themselves at risk of getting this, and most lightly have at some point.

All you can do from now on is use condoms to protect yourself, just the same as everyone else should do.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:41 AM   #4
(female)

cavv HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2BeHealthy
I cant take this anymore. I am so lonely! These dating sites are just not working out. Is anyone else so lonely? I cant ever bring myself to tell anyone. I dont want to be alone for the rest of my life. This is just horrible. I can see a huge depression in my future. Anyone else? So sad

You need to calm down and relax it's not as serious as ur taking it!!! Majority of ppl who are sexually active have it! You can get it through a condom as well ... I recently found out I have it, but they are going to have a vaccination for it come out in another year or so to cure it!!! It's in Canada right now

Old 08-02-2005, 03:34 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

ethera HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavv
they are going to have a vaccination for it come out in another year or so to cure it!!! It's in Canada right now

If it's a vaccine, doesn't that just mean that you have to be virus-free to be vaccinated against ever getting HPV?

Correct me if I'm wrong (please, because I hope I am wrong here), but if you've already got HPV, you'd have to be cured of it; you couldn't be vaccinated against it if you already had it.

Old 08-02-2005, 03:47 PM   #6
(female)

cavv HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethera
If it's a vaccine, doesn't that just mean that you have to be virus-free to be vaccinated against ever getting HPV?

Correct me if I'm wrong (please, because I hope I am wrong here), but if you've already got HPV, you'd have to be cured of it; you couldn't be vaccinated against it if you already had it.
I was told by my doctor that there is a cure for it! and it will be out very soon within a year and also they are going to give vaccinations to everyone to prevent it

Old 08-03-2005, 02:23 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User

Hi ethera, what you are saying is right, unfortunately. It isn't a cure, only a vaccine to prevent it.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:11 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

ethera HB User

Hi malibu82, thanks for verifying...and it's still good news!

Like, if an infected person met someone ( who wasn't ), that someone could get vaccinated, so, it's still good news in a roundabout way.

I do hope there will be a more 'first person' solution ( that I can deal with ),
i.e. I'd like to just be able to tell someone 'I'm fine' without having to put them out with any conditions ( although it's a good idea anyway, for them to get vaccinated ).

Since there are several strains of HPV, I will go ahead and get the vaccination anyway ( if medically practical ), if and when it becomes available.

Last edited by ethera; 08-03-2005 at 10:18 AM.

Closed Thread