It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ladivapr02 HB User
im a little scared...hpv-dysplasia

I have got to admit that Im getting a little nervous about my pap next month. I was diagnosed mild displasya in march with a clean colpos but I know I have done two things that are not good . Got on the pill and a new sexual partner which who knows what strains he had before me(he swares he has never got had any before me but considering his history he must be crazy if he thinks he had none) I have been taking 800mcg of folic acid ever since I started on the pill 3 months ago and this is my only hope that no further progression has being going on. I know I shouldn't be on the Pill (although the doctor never said me I should not take them) and thought about stopping them this month but I would be curious to see if the folic acid supplements helps improve dysplasia while on the pill. So I'm scared but curious. I don't like this waiting!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2005, 09:05 PM   #2
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: im a little scared...hpv-dysplasia

All I can tell you is that ANYONE could have HPV and not know it, it can come from your first sexual partner or your last, no one knows. Also IF by chance you DO get a bad pap it's very easily taken care of. My FIL is a Gynocological Oncologist and he explained it to me like this. If you were to have cancer on the top of your skin they go and cut it out right? Same as hpv cancer they put you under and you get the best sleep every and they cut it out and you wake up with a slight bit of cramping and your back to normal and I know because I did this and panicked myself for nothing. ALL of my paps have come back normal. I'm just glad I got it out. So I can NOT stress enough to you to not worry. It's not a death sentence and it doesn't mean your scummy, it's so common that I found out ALL of my friends have it. My husband even treats major cancer patients and he said "it's not a big deal" and he was right. Seems like your catching it early on which is a big thing, good girl! You'll be fine sweetie and quit worrying, if it DOES come back severe to moderate, you have the procedure and it's over. It DOES NOT hurt(I was put under). Good luck. It'll be ok I promise you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread